Jlaquatics Out To Lunch!

I can't believe my eyes!! I was just looking at there ''NEWS AND NOTEWORTHY'' section. they are selling rocks covered in algea,one is grape caulerpra and the other I'm not sure [maybe hair algea?] for over $40 bucks!!! what is going on here? most people are trying to get rid of this stuff and there trying to sell it?? I must be missing something

Gee, I wonder if they have some with free aiptasia growing on them...what a deal

I'm actually kind of surprised that they would have this for sale... any takers?

Have you asked J&L about it?

Perhaps they can answer your questions, and put your mind at ease.
    Man cannot live on bread alone --
    He must also have his peanut butter

Cool

no I haven't phoned them but seems really strange? there usually on the ball.

yeah maybe there trying to start a new tank fashion...oh look at this nice and healthy tank...lots of hair aglea and aptaisa..soon we will be looking on the best way to grow aptasia and bad algea will become good....maybe we should start eating cake for a healthy snack and carrots for a treat eheheh
    Derik...

ITs a zoo rock too, 36.95 isn't too bad, the piece of rock probably weighs a few pounds and your getting algae for your sump if you want or you can pick it off and have the zoo's
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

Cool

yes I can see that, but, why don't they just clean the rock themselves? and sell it as a zoo rock. and what about the other one that just says algea rock?? what kind of algea?
    looks like hair from the pic but I could be wrong. Its just a very strange sell for them. ever have grape or razor in your tank!!! man that stuff can choke a tank fast!!!

heh, heh..., too funny.
    The one with the zoos looks like a macro called Maiden's cup, although I could be wrong because it's not a very detailed upclose pic.
    Tha Algae rock looks like an algae that is very stiff from what I have experienced and doesn't grow very fast. And even funnier is this one is just a sample pic and "your's may vary" meaning they have a bunch of these!!!:

:jump3: :jump3: Oh man , ME first I just got to get one of those. LOL
    After it took 4 months to rid the stuff from the used LR I bought Nooo thanks even if they gave it to me.
    ALL POSTS & REPLIES ARE IMO

Hardware:
    180 gal. Reeftank 2hole drilled
    70gal long sump with fuge,
    EuroReef ES8-3 skimmer,
    Reeftek reactor, sms122 ph/CO2 controller,
    Mag 18 return closed loop return.
    Mag 24 return
    Icecap dual175 20k MH, 250 20k MH center, 2 actinic, 2 -actinic white VHOs
    Livestock:
    1 Pajama cardinal, Lawnmower blenny, Sohal tang , Regal tang, 10 Clams, Scooter blennie, Yellow wrasse, DESJARDIN TANG (SAIL FIN),2 percs

I dunno about the algae rocks but I sure would love to get one of those Collare butterflyfish. They're don't look like much in photos but are real beauties in real life. I lost one to oodinium a couple months ago. Super cool fish - had almost a regal bearing about him.
    Susan