Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue Green Chromis and Stocking Questions

Good Morning Reefers,

I'm looking at adding a few of these fish to my new 120. I know they don't school unless they feel threatened, but I still think they look awesome in a tank.

My stocking plans for the tank are a LMB (already in and established), a perc clown (to be added tonight), the school of chromis and one centerpiece fish (looking at a copperband, they're pretty fish)

So given the above, what size of chromis school would you recommend (leaning towards 5 ATM). Do you think they will conflict with the perc? Do you think the copperband is a good choice for a show fish (I will take recommendations on alternates, I'm not 100% decided here). Is my order of additions a sound game plan?

Finally, in terms of bio-load, how's this plan look overall?

Thanks for reading my 100 questions, I've not much experience keeping marine fishes yet and want to do what's best for the tank and the fish

Thanks in advance

I have chromis and a maroon and a regular clown and they all get along fine. Well unless the regular clown gets to close to the maroons hole he dug in the sand. :boxing:
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

lol.. My maroon is the same.. go near his cave and he will chae other clownfish away.. but my tang can go in his cave and no fighting..

im thinking of getting a Marine Betta as a tank mate.. but i heard there hard to keep..

ya true enough. My two tangs can swim right in there. Actually the chromis can as well with no problem. Soon as he see's the orange comming, the red is right after him!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Copperband are not always totally reef safe. They may eat fan worms.

Copperband are not a very easy fish. Hard to feed. If you have an established tank, go ahead. Really nice fish!
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

Zeke - I had seen that, thanks.

i2ik - I agree they are nice fish. I will ensure it's eating prepared food before purchasing, good tip.
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

I used to have six chromis in my tank but now I'm down to 3. Several other aquarists have encountered the same problem. They usually single one out and chase him around the tank. It gets so stressed that it hides under the rocks and eventually starves to death. 3 Seems to be the magic number.

jws
    I've heard that 3 is actually a bad number. Two will single out the runt and kill it. It's either a single chromis, or straight to 5 or more and it should be fine.
    jws

Always try to make more than you take. Frag someone you know today!

I've had my three now for months and they get along fine. No more pecking and chasing each other around. As I said, I lost three to that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast