Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holy Jumpin' Yellow Coris Wrasses

Made a little trip to the local LFS yesterday (Big Al's in Montreal) and convinced the manager to release a couple of Yellow Coris from quarantine to attack my flattie problem.

Well, after acclimation and introduction it was a quick skee-daddle into the substrate and good-bye for now... :

Today the phone rings and its, "Daddy, one of the yellow wrasses jumped out of the tank, Grandma found it flopping on the floor, called Grandpa over to see and I picked up the fish myself and dumped him back in the tank". Whewww!!!

"Good girl Kim, Daddy can always count on you!" It pays to get your off-spring interested in this expensive hobby... :

The yellow coris saga continues, can't see the little buggers and I'm always looking behind the tank to see if those little b@^%$#ds have jumped out again to try to become dried banana wrasses...

Van

I haven't seen them eat any flatties either! :guns: :guns: :guns:
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, what are the other inhabitants in the tank?

When I had my yellow coris, he would pick at the rocks all day long. Maybe, now that it's the week-end, you'll be home to witness it yourself?
    There will also be an adjustment period for the fish in it's new surroundings, give them time.

As for the jumping bananas... Maybe it's time for some eggcrate covering the openings?

I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Van,
    Maybe your Exquisite wrasses are chasing them??
    When I had mine, it never stayed buried..., only at night. Also, it never jumped once. But, then again, that's what's good about having a taller tank at 30". Even the fish that love to swim up higher in the water column feel right at home.

Teh yellow wrasses spooks eaily and will jump many times. Make sure it has alot of hiding spots. Mine use to go missing for days. A sheet of egg crate over the top of the tnak will work wonders, and won't affect the light to badly. those little buggers wil hide in the smallest of places on the LR or sand. Good luck

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

hahaahahha.....Speaking of Yellow Wrasse.....I was watching tv one night and herd a big splash.I went to see what it was and wow there was my Yellow wrasse flappying on the floor.Glad i was home.i picked him up and put back in the tank.Now there is no way its getting out.I blame it all on my huge Maroon Clown,witch chases it all the time.:beer:

Hope this works. Enjoy!!!!

O.K. I guess not...
    Ivan, How do I upload a short clip?

ijo
    clip as in gif, flash, mov etc files? I have never tried it... send me the file and I'll figuire it out.

IJO

Ivan,
    I just sent it to you. It's an MPEG file of 3. 04Mgs of a Yellow Wrasse digging in for the night.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    Greg,

Is that the same clip I sent ya? If not, I have another one...
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast