Thread: Maxkor mh

Maxkor mh

has anybody used this type of ballast,has anybody have any info about this ballast?

I haven't used them, but hear that they aren't bad. They are fairly popular in the Toronto area, I think. I'm not sure but I think they are dimmable. I wouldn't use the dimming function- I don't think it is very good for the bulb.
    They are a true electronic ballast, and I think most electronic ballasts work pretty much the same.
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

yes they are dimmable and you can dim the mh bulb,how about the aro ballast?

Cool

funny how the MAXKOR looks just like the ICECAP MH ballast.

I personally had bad luck with them about 2 years ago which I purchased online after a couple of units not working I decided not to go with them the issues were (mainly due to shipping) resistor where the on/off broke off 2 times,bulbs would fire then turn off after a couple of minutes,and was very tempermental with gauge of wire bieng used to conect to bulb.

I must say that since then they have slimmed down the unit, and taken care of the past issues which is good because they work great now from what I see in the stores.
    There a very good balast and if I had to go and buy another ballast that would be the one.There customer service is Great because they took the time to listen to the issues I was having and rectified them.

They are now quite Rock Solid

From what I had heard Maxkor in the U.S had a deal with Icecap to make there ballasts.Dont know if it worked out but like Johnny mentioned the IceCap does resemble the Maxkor ballast.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

hmmmm very interesting.

so all in all they are good,i sent them a email they havnt responed yet.ill keep you posted,i asked my electrical distr to look into these ballasts for me.thanks