Sick Orange Digita...

hi All,

I placed an orange digita frag in my tank on tuesday and hit has since gotten very white.... I am running 220w of VHO lighting. Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, PH are all at acceptable levels and my sun polyp and mushrooms are all doing well.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be the problem ? The coral is as high up in the tank as possible.

Nick.

nbreau

if water parms, are good then theres not much to do but wait and see. What lighting was it under before? sometimes corals will go thru shock and then come back.

I think it was MH, correct IJO ?

Right now it is pretty much all white with colored dots... hopefully not too late. It was in an area with almost no flow so i have moved it but it is not about 10 inches from the lights. It also seems to have downgraded ALOT since i glued it to the rock yesterday evenning.

Hmmm??? Offhand, I would have said it got bleached and not only from the lights as corals can also just bleach from stress. Did it suddenly just bleach all at once or did the bleach work it's way up from the base?
    Are you sure that your parameters check out o.k.?

Monti Digi's are pretty easy to grow and do well even under flourescants. I have mine placed at different levels in my tank and even the shaded branches are growing fine. BUT... the orange type is the trickiest to keep and often just go downhill for no apparant reason. The purple and yellow ones are always easier to keep

ijo
    Nick: yes the parent is under a 65k iwasaki with actinic and Aquasun VHO. This is the first frag from this parent that has had any problems... If it doesn't pull through I'll make good on it with your next order.

IJO

Thanks IJO... everything else in the order is doing great... i've also aquired some small frags of purple mushrooms, hairy mushrooms and green star polyps that are also doing real good. It's too bad, I really like the digita.