sign of aggression?

My fairy wrasse has been getting the bum's rush in being the last addition into the tank. My maroon is not a fan of the wrasse, but, as long as no one goes near her cave, she's fine. At feeding time, everyone shares, no signs of anger, etc. Today, I looked over and saw my royal gramma and the wrasse head to head, touching, and seemingly trying to push each other out of the way. After about ten seconds of this, the wrasse flashed her fins, the gramma looked unimpressed, and they continued to push at each other for a good while. Unfortunately, my daughter dropped something and in the course of dealing with that, I missed the end of the confrontation.
    I guess (after this long description) my question is - is this aggression, a pissing contest (pardon the expression), or just playing? Any guesses?

Cool

it'll pass, there just letting each other know whats up. flashers and grammas are pretty calm for the most part. the 90g should be enough room.

Well, it's been over two months, and it's the first time I've ever seen it happen. I guess I just happened to look over at the right time. Or maybe, they're like kids in a play ground...Quick, stop, the teacher's looking...

Sometimes aggression doesn't show up until the fish matures a bit more too. Fairy wrasses can be bossy as adults and like to chase other fish but don't tend to do any damage. Royal gramma's aren't known for backing down. They'll work it out.
    Susan

Thanks. I've been watching them today, and they appear to be ignoring each other...Well, actually, one will stare at the other until he/she's noticed, and then quickly turn away. I think they are in kindergarden, or at least, behaving like it

Sometimes I wonder what goes through their heads. I recently added a very small baby emperor angel to my 300g tank. He really likes the large copperband butterflyfish. The longnose butterflyfish always swam with the copperband but the little angel doesn't want to share and chases the longnose away. The longnose is twice his size but swims off scared anyway. The big copperband doesn't even seem to notice any of it.
    Susan