What the could this be ???

Ok, this is going to be fun to try and id cause it probably would'nt show up in a pic.

I noticed today what I though was a very small white/light blue feather duster on a rock. about the diamater (or bit smaller) of a pencil that almost looks like a small spider web. When I got closer it would close up and almost disapear almost like a tube worm does and would just be noticeable as a white dot.

This evenning i went to take another look at it moved about 2 inches ! This is the same guy because the white dot is now gone (not just a 2nd one). Any clue at all what this could be ??? Can feather dusters move around ?

I'm totally puzzled...

Nick.

I have never seen a feather duster move...they only grow...I'll look at your description again and try to ID....if you can, try to add as much as possible to the descrption...it's tough without a pic, but I doubt you're going to get one...
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

I was wrong ! it didn't move !

There are actually 2 of them... they sometime collapse to a small white dot BUT also can go completely in the rock.

When it opens up it looks like a badminton shuttlecock.

Is this a feather duster or some kind of worm ? It doesn't have a tube like my red tubeworm does....

I'm in chat tonight if anyone is around...

I'll bet that it'a feather duster of some kind and within a month you will see the tube grow out a bit. Any feather duster is a sign of good water quality and I'd just let it grow and see. That's the beauty with LR. If I see anything that is close I will post it.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Do feather dusters collapse into rock like tube worms ?

If it's blue, then it could very well be a Christmas tree worm. These often grow on Porites, but also on rock and come in lots more colors than tiny featherdusters. They look like little feathery Xmas tree shaped fans.
    Below is a link to a few pics. There are hundreds of color combinations for these though.

http://www.divegallery.com/Chr_tree_worm.htm