Bright Orange Algae?

every now and then, i notice under a thick growth of green algae, i notice little tips of a bright orange (perhaps coraline) algae. it is such a bright color, you would think it glows in the dark. I LOVE it and want to know what it is, or how to get it to grow more and spread. i have seen it before and excitedly waited for it to spread, but then before i knew it, it was gone. now that i see it again, i wanted to know if anyone knows what it is and how i can keep it. (so far i have only seen it on the same place of the same rock, and i think my queen angel found it tasty)

POst a pic if you can. I know that coraline algae can get "ill" and change colour, sometimes orangish.

Keep us posted...

ABAhn

It could also be a type of sponge if your angel likes it since they often eat sponge. I know I have 1 or 2 that is orange, another a darker orange with lines through it. Sponges come in almost every color imagineable, yet coralline too can be many colors although I've never seen any orange. Are you able to touch it or prod it with something to check if it's hard ( calcerous) or softish ( spongy).

its not big enough to tell if its spongy or calcerous. if i can get my hands on a digital camera before it disappears i will post a pic. it pretty much looks like algae only in orange. i also noticed that it is growing more off the existing algae than off the rock.
    (i think this is going to require a camera to describe)
    Albert
    My Photos

well as expected, just as i got my hands on a digital camera today, the orange algae is gone. i think it must be a die-off of coraline alagae after the green algae overgrows it.
    Albert
    My Photos