Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Clowns killing fish???

Has anyone heard of their clowns killing any fish in their tanks?A buddy of mine was using some saltwater mollies to help cycle his tank a while back.He ended up keeping them so yesturday his pair of clowns killed all the mollies in the tank.Is that heard of?I thought clowns were'nt aggressive...
    Bubbles....bubbles...my bubbles....

Clowns can be extremely aggressive!! Especially Maroons and Tomatos...but it's possible for any clown to be aggressive towards other ifhs...even to the point of death.

They are in the damsel family afterall.
    James...

"Knowing is half the battle!" ~ G.I. JOE

Clowns are aggressive I've seen twice in the last 3 years my ex HUGE Maroon Clown kill 2 blue cromis I had.

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

Yeh I know the maroon is but my buddy and me we both have a pair of percula clowns I just havent seen it before and was curious.I wish I seen the scrap going on cause he said it was brutal fight to the death how they both teamed up on one fish at a time.

Yes clowns are bad boys as the others above mentioned. They are territorial and if they think someone is a threat, they'll go after them. It's not uncommon for a clown to even attack a person's hand or arm when working in the water. Mine used to do it too and they were just a pair of tank bred false perc's.

See mine I didnt find aggressive they eat blood worms right out of my fingers.And I havent seen mine go after any fish before.Hmmm....This could be interesting to keep an eye on.Thanks everyone for your input.Yeh taoutouche thats exactly what pairs of clowns me and my friend have.I am glad I gave him that pair as I was gonna keep both pairs...maybe is good I didnt.

It's amazing how different personalities fish can have. I have a female cinimon and male tomato pair and they are not agressive to any fish in the tank, then again I have a 7 inch hippo that maintains order
    -Dazz

If a tsank is big enough and there are enough territories to share, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Dazz,
    that is probably why, your tank has an established boss and there is a pecking order amongst the fish.

''It's not uncommon for a clown to even attack a person's hand or arm when working in the water. Mine used to do it too and they were just a pair of tank bred false perc's.''

LOL!
    So far they haven't come after me (assuming that it's the same pair), I guess they are still settling in, not to mention that they have a 40 gal. to themselves.

Cheers,
    Telgian.

Ask Principle Skimmer (aka Rod) about 'attacking clown fish'.
    When he was removing the anenome from his tank for me, his clown fish bit him several times.
    Actually, it was really amusing watch Rod jump each time the fish bit him.

PS. Welcome to Aquaria.ca Telgian...you'll enjoy your stay here.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast