Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New fish photos

New fish photos

I just uploaded a new batch of photos on my site with pictures of the new fish I've purchased since the huricane. If you would like to check them out, go to my site here:
    http://www.sjwilson.net/reef/
    Click the link labelled "Current Tank Photos" at the bottom of the front page of the site.

The new fish are:
    - midas blenny
    - midnight angel
    - bicolor angel
    - female mandarin (new mate for the male)
    - huge male squarespot anthias

Much in the tank still needs to recover but I'll get there eventually!
    Susan

CAT
    Hey Flame, I used to live in NS and I remember wondering how Aqua Creations fared through the hurricane. Sounds like you got hit as well. How long were you without power and what did you lose?

I was lucky with the blackout here. I had battery operated air pumps that kept my tank from crashing.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

Very nice Site Flame Angle...the pics are great...

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Cool Pics.

Hope your pollicipora turns pink soon!

ABahn

CAT - I lost 9 fish. It was pretty devastating. I thought I was prepared but there were complications. Details in my journal starting September 28th, the night of the hurricane. Too painful to write out again.

Aqua Creations lost more than I did but it wasn't a complete wipeout. They apparently sold all their battery operated air pumps not long before the huricane. The staff took shifts 24/7 keeping the tanks alive. Quinpool Road was without power a lot longer than I was.

ABahn - I dunno about the pocillipora turning pink, I just got an email from someone that leads me to believe it might not happen with my 65k Iwasaki lights. Time will tell I guess.
    Susan

It'll open under 65K lights....just give it time.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

It opened the first day actually. It seems to be quite helathy and a very nice shape.
    Susan

CAT
    Sorry to hear about the losses There have been so many in the last couple of months. I was mail-ordering stuff until Aqua Creations started carrying marine stuff. It was a bit of a drive from the valley but they had some nice stuff once they got going.

Your tank is looking good though. Glad to see you're back on track.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

Flame,
    Abahn has been to my house a few times and knows of my Pink Pocillipora. He saw it when the new growth tips were all pinkish. I actually think he also has a piece of the same coral..., nit sure though. There are others around here that also have this same piece as us. It'll be interesting to see how all these frags turn out in our individual tanks. Who knows, it might end up even nicer in your tank. That's what's fun about this hobby..., I could give you a frag and then when I see it some time later in your tank, I mght not even recognize it!!!

ijo
    Flame*Angel... awesome pics!!!!

Toutouche is the person I was talking to you about with the Pici frag that turned an awesome pink color... I hope your frag(more like a small coral) turns out just as nice.

I noticed the missing frag(table) and the broken cap... hope everything else makes it... keep me posted... you can expect something nice to arrive in the near future.

IJO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast