Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pic of my tank (finally)

i know my tank barely compares with the others on this site, but its a start. i hope to one day have mine just as beautiful. I am posting this picture so that you can all have a picture to match to my name of the tank, and also to welcome anyone's comments or suggestions on how i can improve it further. (i got my hands on a digital camera today, so i took advantage. - i apologize if the pics are not so good, its my first try at it, if anyone has idea as of the best way to photo the tank, let me know i.e. lights on/no flash, lights off/with flash, etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-tank.jpeg  

my Red-Sea Sailfin Tang
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-sailfin.jpeg  

my Queen Angel (also from the Red-Sea)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-angel.jpeg  

my Devil's Hand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-devilshand.jpeg  

my Yellow Toadstool
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-toadstool.jpeg  

those should give you a taste for now.
    Albert
    My Photos

ijo
    Nice ALRHA... the bowfronts are my fav. Been thinking of getting myself a 92 corner bow. Love the Queen!!!

IJO

Alrha,
    Just out of curiosity, does your Yellow toadstool ALWAYS look like that? If so, it ain't a happy camper. Below is a pic of the one I used to have ( I sold it because it grew too big for the place I had for it) and how it SHOULD look. It should be a nice rich yellow, and rather fluffy looking. These yellow types like more intense light than the other types of Sarcs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pic of my tank (finally)-yellow-tonga1.jpg  

O.K. I just saw your explanation in your other thread. I just want to add that while leathers are usually very hardy and a good 1st coral to own, the Yellow Tonga variety are more delicate. These particular types can get bruised very easily and when it does, you should keep an eye on it for any discoloration appearing. If in a worst case scenario, if it does start to decline, you can easily cut off the bad area with very sharp scissors or 1 clean swift cut with a NEW razor ( I say new so that it is razor sharp for a clean cut). This is as I said a worst case though. First things first, as you said it's still opening so just keep an eye on it for the next while. Give it good light though and medium current ( enough to help it shed it's mucous tunic when produced).

wow, greg, yours sure looks quite different. i dont think mine ever looked like yours. it was starting to a little bit but then got bruised during some aquascaping. lets hope he comes back and shows all his glory. i will post a pic of his as he progresses.
    I blow off him the pieces of fless and things (or as you say the mucous tunic) and i moved him up to the top of my tank to be in the brightest of light (as you can see in the first pic).
    Thanks for showing me what it "should" look like and for giving me all those pointers.
    how long you think i should expect till he is fully recovered and as fluffy as yours? a month? two?
    Albert
    My Photos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast