Thread: Porites

Question Porites

I've recently aquired a large PORITES[yellow] coral that was/is on a downward spiral[receding]. What have any of you Porites owners done to keep this coral happy and what is the duration of time you've had this coral? All help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to bring this guy back to health.I've read high light and good flow with the addition of DT's

LOTS OF LIGHT AND WATER CIRCULATION SEEM TO BE THE KEY FOR MINE....ALWAYS HAS NEW GROWTH.

thanks Rob!

Had mine for over 6 months now and it's doing really well, infact I think there are more worms on it now then prior. It is up close to the top and under VHO's and about 10" from a 250w m/h. It's get's a good flow, but nothing direct.
    Here's a pic! and good luck with yours.
    p.s. I also dose with DT's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Porites-dsc01866.jpg  
    Lynn

Re: Porites

Originally posted by Johnny Rock
    I've recently aquired a large PORITES[yellow] coral that was/is on a downward spiral[receding]. What have any of you Porites owners done to keep this coral happy and what is the duration of time you've had this coral? All help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to bring this guy back to health.I've read high light and good flow with the addition of DT's
    I would also make sure my Alk is in good shape.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

John,
    Do you happen to have any Lettuce Nudi's? Matt said the couple that he has are definitely eating the Porites in his tank and they are leaving definite white trails where they eat. It could also be something else eating it. Is it receding in lines/trails or just generally overall.

no nudis in my tank. The porites were on a general decline in Ivans VHO tank but I think there turning around under MH.