Thread: Tank movers

Tank movers

Hello all,
    I am in the process of moving a tank here in Ottawa, I was wondering if anyone knows of a good moving company that could do this kind of move. Thanks

Cool

not sure I'd trust anyone to move my tank. I'd get some reefers to help you. how big are we talking? didn't you just move last year or is this for a friend? many pails would help as well.

I did move just last year, but this is my upgrade tank, its an empty tank 5 x 2 x 31, its an empty tank. I know what you are saying but the girlfriend is really scared about it breaking and with insurance if this did happen I could get it replaced or repaired. But some of these moving companies either a won't touch it or the cost is crazy, I have found one but they will not insure it.

get a few reefers together (they know the importance of not breaking it ) and just move it ..at least that's what I would do =)
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

fyi,we have 2 moving companies thta use o.r.g. to move tanks,we have to crate them and frame the tank,very expensive.

If you want a moving outfit to move the tank for you at a reasonable price you will have to crate it so that breakage is not likely. Movers KNOW that the risk is high and replacement is costly. They would rather not handle it at all and are pricing this item so that moving it for you is not likely to occur.
    Rob