New addition to the tank.

I just wanted to tell everyone I've got a new addition to our tank. A mandarin goby. We've been looking for one for about a year. Very hard to find fish here in New Brunswick. He's an awesome little guy. I'm keeping an eye on him and the scooter blenny. I here that they can be aggressive to each other. They just swim up to each other and then turn away as if they were old buddies. My aquarium is now complete for fish now. Bring on the corals!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Cool...post a pic when you get a chance.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

He's still pretty shy right now. Here's one when he came out from the rocks. Will they eat anything other than copods? (Spelling) Sorry for the crapy pic. Hopefully there will be better in the future.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Mine eats Blood worms and Brine Shrimp but I think they require Copepods to live. I have a 10gal set up that is just thriving in copepods and I sifone them out and into the 50 gal for the Manderine!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

I'm sure there must be Copepods in my 75. Is there any way to harvest them in a separate aquarium. How do you get them out?
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

the best way to do this mike is with a refiugium so that your mandarin gets a constant supply of copepods.I had one before i moved and it was for sale...you could of had one earlier ...

But alot of them eat brines and stuff like that but there main meal that they need is copepods.They have small little mouth for that reason..to pick out the pods out of little crevisses.....make sure you start soon with your harvesting of pods....i do think its very important that they have some...they can eat in between 60-80 pods a day from what ive read....not 100% sure about that but what im convince though is that you need those pods for you to keep your mandarin happy for a long time...short term no problem..but on the long run....thats what you want to think about.
    Derik...

I'm sure it must be possible to put a fuge on my sump. But what about the Copepods? do they just get pushed back up to the main tank in the mag pump. You wouldn't think they would be alive after that.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

One way I get the pods into the tank is to check the sponge from your filter if you have sponge. There are always tons of pods hanging out there. Also, like I said, I siphone them right out of the 10 gal into the 50. Night is best cause they come out like crazy when it gets dark.
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?