Carib Sea Refugium Mineral Mud

has anyone ever tryed this stuff? i was just going to put argonite sand but saw this at bigals
    http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/p...tegory_id=2573
    Vu

edited// wrong product // confused mineral mud with miracle mud :-P
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

I'm in the same boat you're in. Iwasn't sure whether to use that stuff in my fuge or just use argonite. I went the argonite way in the end just because I had it handy. Its cheaper from www.mops.ca. heres what they say about it...
    "CaribSea's Mineral Mud is an unique blend of sediments that duplicate tropical fringing costal mangrove environments. Mineral Mud is in a size range campatible with soft, burrowing infaunal, marco animal assemblages. Ideal for mud refugiums, seagrasses, macro algaes,and mangroves. Mineral Mud provides a variety of trace elements, chelated trace elements, natural bio-available iodine, plus calcium, strontium, iron and free carbon. In addition, Mineral Mud contains live marine bacteria, to complete the tropical ecosystem." Hopethis helps.

From what I understand this product is only good if you plan on a forest of mangroves(need alot of them to be of any benefit) in your sump or tons of macro which should grow just fine floating.

I have tried it and saw no real benefits over a properly set up and healthy reef tank. It is very similar to miracle mud...
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

I had used the niracle mud in the past and agree 100% with Reefmutt. It's a waste of money because a properly set up refuge with regular sand will do just as well. I saw the "Mineral" mud when I helped Peluche set up his system. It is exactly the same stuff. Put your money towards something else that is needed more.

yah i just bought the 15lbs bag filled my refuge and added about another half inch from the leftover in my display
    Vu

In your display?!!! This stuff is very, very fine and will blow around in yur tank with any kind of current at all. It's supposed to be used in the refuge only.

oh sorry i wasn;t very clear, i decided against the mineral mud since it was very pricy and just got hte regular argonite sand
    Vu