Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ijo

Share the bargains you've found

Ok folks, if you come across some excellent deals, bargains, specials sales coupon codes etc...here is your place to share with fellow reefers. Seen a price online, that is too good not to share? Well, put it here. This applies to LFS as well, make sure you tell us where we can save some money

Re: Share the bargains you've found

Looking for actinic flourescent tubes? Instead of buying those expensive ones from your local aquarium store, check out a lighting specialty shop.

Here in Ottawa I used to buy the same Phillips .03 actinics for $11. 00 as opposed to $29.99 for the same tube at Aquarium Services Warehouse.

If in Ottawa, check out:

Buchanan Lighting
    129 Loretta Avenue
    Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 2J7
    Telephone 728-3551

went to Buchanan's at lunch. Actinics were 16+taxes I think. Great deal. Thanks for the info.

RED BRANCH TONGA ROCK

I know most on this list are from the Ottawa area and as a former Manotick resident, I envy you all however, here in Kitchener, Petcetera (yes that chain store) is having a sale on Red Tonga Branch rock.  

6.95 a pound....

you order it in with the clerk and when it arrives, you pick it up.  I ordered 20 pounds just to see what it looks like.  Check with your petcetera stores around where you live to see if they have the same sale.
    Good Luck all!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo

wow 6.95 a pound is an awesome deal... I'll call my supliers and see what i can do(never even heard of petcetera)

IJO

it's a new chain out of the US....(I think out of the US?) Anyhow they're all over Toronto now, and Kitchener area...Same set up at Petsmart or Super pet.  They usually have 4-5 marine fish but never have I seen LR.  You'll have one up your way in short time. ;D
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo

That sounds great.... we need a little competition in the  area.  You pretty much have to go take a second mortgage before you can buy livestock around here.  hehe  

IJO

Boys, I've found a mother lode! A local man in the area is taking down his 90 gallon. He E-mailed me pictures. I'm going to check it out. He definately wants shoppers. I'll let you guys know the particulars with pics after I cabbage some stuff. ;D
    True Perc

UNBELIEVABLE CORALS

Well I went to Oakville Reef Gallery today and I was shocked out of my shoes.  The two ponds in there, were stocked with literally hundreds of corals.  Softs, hard, LPS, SPS...too many to mention.  I've never seen anything like it.  If anyone is looking for that rare acro or someting no one else has, it's probably there.  Just wanted everyone to know about the selection.

ijo

They just got a HUGE Walt Smith shipment of corals and live rock... wish I could be there to check everything out.

IJO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast