Small Bioload Vs large Bioload

I was just wondering what were some peoples thoughts out there on how many fish they should put in a tank, my 50 gallon tank, with 25 gal sump only has 4 fish in it, and i've never really had more then 6 ( i had 2 chalk basses that jumped ) I don't have any algae problems or anything, but i'd like to add a few more fish, i was thinking about putting 3 or 4 more fish in there over a period of a few months, my only concern is that my tank has been set up for over 2 years with only a small bioload in it, and all my corals are growing very nicely and are very healthy, should i be concerned that it will throw things out of whack, does anyone have any experience in a situation like this, where the tank has been established for awhile with a small bioload?
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

well add one at a time, slowly. and test the tank. if the paramaters stabalize and the system can support it, great. if you see nutrient levels rise, thats the last fish.
    Albert
    My Photos

IMO, keep it at 4 smallish fish. if your keeping a reef I would keep the bioload small because with lots of fish comes lots of water quality issues, one is that its hard to have that crystal clear water when fish are digging,pooping and just making a mess in general. I want to remove my NASO as I believe I have to many fish to achive my target.

I suppose my concern is just that johnny, i like to be able to have crytal clear water, but with only a few fish in the tank i rarely see them, they like to hang out in the rockwork.
    Mark
    50 Gal SPS/LPS Mixed Reef
    25 Gal Fuge
    Neptune Aquacontroller
    Pro Cal Calcium Reactor
    Acrylic City Kalk Reactor
    Euroreef CS6-3 Skimmer
    2x175W MH 1x250W MH 2x65W Actinics

yeah thats a delema, if you want more fish then get more fish. just take your time
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Its not so much how many fish you have, but what types of fish you have. Adding more social fish to the mix will encourage your more timid fish to come out and take a look around more often. At one time I had a half dozen chromis in with my tangs and it wasnt very often that you would look at the tank and not see the tangs swimming around, but since removing the chromis, the tangs just hang out in the rocks.

BTW, I have 6 fish in my 25G :O, just didnt have the heart to flush them after taking them out of my main tank...I'd better donate a few back to the store.