Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOT TANK

HOT TANK

:-[ anyones tank heating up the last few days? I'm hovering at around 85.3 today and 84 yesterday! nothing seems affected but I'm getting nervous. I just have to last this summer as I'm moving in SEPT.central air!!!!!!!

Re: HOT TANK

I had bad heat problems last summer but I took out my Radio Shack fans and got some Toyo Fans whiched doubled my CFM. I also installed a fan on my sump that goes on when it gets really hot. Been sitting around 80 to 81 this week and the room has been about 89 to 90.
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

ijo

wow!!! nice  

I have a small air conditioner for sale.

Thank God for Central Air. Last year My tank never went over 80 degrees.

MINIATUS  8)

BRISTLEWORM re, airconditioner! always the business man "lol" thanks but I just got ta make it thru the summer months I did add another fan but holy moly talk about evaporation! I was used to my VHO but now I added another 500w of halide. I can really tell that my fishes metabolism has increased with the temp as they are zooming around the tank a lot. but today is cooling down a bit.

Can you open your lid so the fans blow air right through?
    ________
    Tanks: 400 gal Reef, 180 gal FOWLR, 300 gal Sump, 40 gal Frag Tray plumbed as one system - 900 gal total water volume.
    DIY Calcium Reactor, Nielson Reactor and Skimmer

Did write "air conditioner".  Oops.  What I meant, was that I have a "custom aquarium room chiller".  You just install it into a window, plug it in, turn it on, and it will lower the aquarium room temperature, eliminating the need for noisy, cubersome fans.    

;D BRISTLE WORM, AHHH why didn't you say so! I've always wanted one of those fancy shmancy window tank chillers! "lol"  
    REEFERBOY, yeh, I'm leaving it open now. I might install one of those ORION fans or go look at RADIO SHACK.
    I only have the ICECAP fan and a room fan pointed at the tank.

Yeah I hear ya.. was lucky to keep it at no more than 81 with the heat the last week, but had the doors open, and fan blowing on the sump..

Turned on the A/C today as it was getting warm & very humid (70% in basement).. well, got home, the tank was at 78! oopseee.. The basement temp dropped a bunch load (19c), and had a fan blowing on the 200gals in the basement.. err. HEheeh. had to plug the heaters back in now that the air is on.

Like reeferboy mentioned - with the right fans blowing for evap you would be surprised at how much you can cool.

Don't forget Johnny, you've got MH now!! HEAT BABY..
    Fishysan ><>
    ---
    180g display main floor, 150g trough, 75g, 20g in basement
    SPS, LPS, softies, many clams & 14 fish
    main: 250w AB DE HQI x 3, 5' x 3 VHO actinic - trough: 400w venki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast