Blue spotted stingray

Any one want a blue spotted sting ray? I saw one over at Big Als today. I read that they can only grow to 8 feet, weigh like 700 lbs and sting you to death.

Wrong species I think mate. These stingrays get about 70 cm long including the tail I believe. Their sting is poisonous and painful, but not lethal.
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.

Saw one at Big Als in Ottawa too.
    Man, you must need to giant tank to keep one.
    75G, 30G sump.
    Euroreef
    2X250 MH with 2X 55 PCs

Hippo Tang, Tomato Clown, Rusty Angel, Keyhole Angel, Damsel
    Anchor, Turbinaria, Acro,Montis, Xenia, Anthelias, Candycane, Buttons,Bubble, Galaxea, Brain,Cabbage, Hand, weird encrusting coral, LTA, mushrooms

yes I seen that one on sunday. honestly, I wouldn't attempt it and you would need a very very big tank with lots of sandy bottom and big filtration as they like dead shrimp and such. I don't think they'd be very fun to watch. just like the sharks.

information from LIVEAQUARIA

COPIED FROM

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=289

Blue Dot Stingray
    (Taeniura lymma)

Quick Stats
    Minimum Tank Size: 150 gallons
    Care Level: Expert Only
    Tank Conditions: 72-78F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
    Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 1'
    Color Form: Blue Spotted, Tan
    Temperament: Aggressive
    Reef Compatible: No
    Caution: Venomous
    Diet: Carnivore
    Compatibility: View Chart
    Origin: Australia, Indo-Pacific
    Family: Dasyatida

The Blue Dot Stingray is also called the Bluespotted Ribbontail Ray and Bluespotted Stingray. It is an attractive bottom dwelling fish. It has a tan body with blue spots and stays relatively small, but requires a 150 gallon or larger aquarium as an adult.

The Blue Dot Stingray requires sand as the substrate, as its abdomen is easily scratched by a coarser substrate, which could result in an infection. It likes to cover itself with the soft substrate as camouflage. Once acclimated, it will eat any invertebrates in the tank. The tail spine is venomous and only used for protection. Caution should be taken when netting it, or when it is not visible and maintenance is performed in the aquarium. It should never be exposed to copper-based medications.

When first introduced into the aquarium, small pieces of cleaned squid or live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. Then it may be fed shrimp, scallops or pieces of fresh marine fish.

Due to its lack of hardiness when introduced into an aquarium, it should only be kept by an experienced hobbyist.

Approximate Purchase Size: 4" to 8"