Thread: Emerald Crab.

Emerald Crab.

Do anyone know if these guys make any noise? Like a clicking noise. It's only thing I have in my QT tank right now except 2 Damsels. (Didn't have the heart to flush them) Oh ya I also have a small blue spinny lobster in there as well. Well I think he's still in there. I never see him. All the same I never seen in the 50 gallon either but he was in there. Anyway about the emerald crab, I was also wondering if he is reef safe. I'm getting ready to put him in my main tank and I figured i'd ask first. Thanks in advance!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Out of curiousity, do you have a powerhead in the tank? My Mj1200's click on startup.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

ya I got a hagen 202 but it's beed in there for a while and I never start hearing this until I put him in there. I was just wondering if it's him or is he just pissing off the Blue spinny lobster in there???
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Emeralds are reef safe and do not make the clicking sound. The Pistol Shrimps make the clicking sound which is actually a sonic wave from speed of their clay snapping together. The only other critter that I believe makes a snapping sound is the Mantis Shrimp. I am not familiar with the Blue Spinny Lobster.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

I have a pistal shrimp thats so loud now that he's grown up. It actually is desturbing at night when we're sleeping. It's neat when friends come over when they say what the "F" was that,,,,thats the onlt kick I'm getting out of it right now...

Ya I know it's not a mantis I already had one of them.LOL Not by choice.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott