Thread: Sailors eye.

Sailors eye.

Do anyone know how to get rid of sailors eye for good? I have a couple of them now and I would like them gone. I origionally only had one then I tried to pull it off the rock while holding a siphon next to it to suck out all the spores but I see now that some must have gotten away. Any info would be great.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

uhh whats that? are we talking ALGEA? if so, then you have to gently remove them [if there big] and try not to break them. also, water conditions will play a part in there growth

ya I guess so. Someone I was talking to in Moncton told me that they were called Sailors eye. They look like brown marbles. Good water conditions or bad help them grow?
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Does it look like this?
    http://www.reefcorner.com/SpecimenSh...bble_algae.htm
    If so it's also known as bubble algae. If the bubbles are not too big an emerald crab will eat it. You can also manually remove them but it's not the easiest thing to do and if you burst the bubble spores will be released in the tank creating other bubbles. I'd put a couple of emerald crabs in there and see if they take care of it. I know my emerald cleared mine up in my 10G.

Good luck,

Steph