From PC to VHO, WOW what a DIFF!!!

Just switched from PC + MHs to VHO + MHs and all I can say is WOW!!! WHAT A DIFF, the colors in my SPS corals under the super actinic light bulbs are AMAZING!! I never thought my tank could look this good!! I have NEVER seen my corals look like this! I didnt think my corals COULD look the way they do under this lighting! I am truly amazed!! If there is anyone that was thinking of making the switch like I was, all I have to say is DO IT and DO IT in a hurry!! You will be amazed!!
    225g SSB display, World Fish Custom Sump/Fuge/Filter, H&S A250-2X1260, h&S sulphur reactor, Reeflo Dart 3600g return on a wavy sea plus, 4X Tunze 6101, Deltec PF600, Octopus 3000, Aquazone Ozone 100,
    Lights: 2X250W 10K XMs, 1X400W10K XM, 6XT5s Al lights controlled by AC Jr.

Hi Seahunter,
    I agree I saw an incredible difference in intensity :eek4: when I went from only T5`s to VHO URI Actinics .I had also tied the Corallife Actinic and that was a waste of money when compared to URI.

I still use two T5`s with the 2 URI VHO`s but soon I will replace the two T5`s and have only VHO`s.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Banned
    ReefSalt,

Do you have the T5's over your 125g? If that's so ya, the VHO's well be a BIG boost over the T5's. Personally I'd never use T5's on anything bigger than a 33g just because of the height. T5's don't reach the bottom of large tanks very well. Even as supplemental light on the larger tanks I find a colour shift near the bottom.

Seahunter,

Glad to hear it's working out for you. The excitement of seeing your corals thrive kinda makes you forget how much money you've just spent for that ear to ear grin.

Deleted,
    yes I had a total of 4 T5`s ,removed 2 and placed VHO which the colors are much nicer,even when I only left the 2 VHO`s on and no T5`s.
    yeah the T5`s dont cut when it come to depth.

So yesterday I picked up a new Icecap 660 and new URI bulbs to install no more T-5`s for me unless it on a small tank.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W