Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

where is the clown?

I had 2 percs and one of them dissappeared last night. Is it normal for them to just up and vanish or should susspect that maybe it passed on and my sand sifting brittle star had a nise meal last night? I also have a coral banded shrimp but highly doubt that it is big enough to eat an entire perc over night. My salt levels are between .024 and .025 which I have just raised over the past week from .022. I am going to test all the other peramiters now. I will post the results in a little while.

If he /she is suddenly hiding he / she may be getting picked on by the other clown or another fish in your tank. I would be concerned and get out a flashlight to start looking for him / her in the rock work. Check the floor and under the stand as well in case he / she jumped.
    Hope he / she is OK.
    Rob

If you have a sump check there as well. Mine was always taking the ride!!!
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

no sump and I allready checked the floor and the rock work. NO clown! But I have a bad feeling cause here are the results of my tests. Not good!!!

KH- 358 dkh or 20 drops
    Ph- 8.4-8.6
    cal- 460
    amon- 0
    nitrite- 0
    nitrate=80-100

I have no idea what is going on. The levels were very good compared to that about 10 days ago. My corals and other fish are doing fine. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

When was the last time you saw the missing clown.
    That nitrate # is pretty high ... I would re-test for nitrate to confirm the number.
    Rob

I saw it yesterday and its gone today. my wife says she didn't see it this morning! I will test the nitrate again later. I am mixing some water now and I will pick up some proper PH tomorow.

Maybe the little creature you have for an avatar has something to do with it She looks like quite the hand full! LOL Could have jumped out and became cat food, do you have a cat?
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

My tank has become the bermuda triangle in the past few months!
    About 2-3 months ago, my Lawnmower Blennie disappeared...
    About a month or so ago one of my Chromis (who appeared completely healthy and active) disappeared...
    and last week.. my condylactus Anemone.. who was wandering around the tank quite often lately disappeared!

All water params couldn't be better.. they are excellent. Every creature seems happy and healthy.. so no clue as to what is happening. I have yet to find a dead fish, or anything. Weird.

Any chance you hear the odd popping or snapping sound coming from the tank?
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Well, with a decent cleaner crew, you typically won't find a body unless you arrive shortly after death or it gets caught in the intake to a pump or such.

Part of the fun of a bigger tank is the fact that you don't always get to see everything. I put a Goby in my tank recently and it was almost a week before it was seen again. Now perfectly happy (or so it seems) paired up with my Pistol shrimp and making regular (but not constant) appearances.
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast