Just saved my Bubble- I hope

I have a lovely green bubble that I have had for 1 1/2 years. Lately it hasn't been doing as well. It was drooping by mid afternoon, and expelling small amounts of zooxanthellae. I had increased the circulation a bit and at first I thought that was it. And I had made minor changes to the lighting. And a chromis had decided to live in behind it. I can't move it because it has attached to two rocks. I still felt that I was missing something. normally it would adjsut ot these things over the span of a few days.
    All the other corals, especially the LPS and SPS, have been doing great. So last night after the lights were out and it had shrunken up for the night I took out a flashlight and really checked in behind it. THere was a beautiful bright pink encrusting sponge about the size of a tooney on the rock directly behind the bubble. It was close enough that after the bubble expanded during the day it would only be about an inch away, and with the oscillating current it would even touch it sometimes. So I took out a toothbrush and scrubbed the sponge off. TOday, the bubble is looking good and hasn't started to shrivel yet. If it stays expanded til bedtime- I have found the problem!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

Wow, good catch. I never would have thought a sponge would bother a coral. I sure hope your bubble stays happy!
    Susan

CAT
    Gail, I hope you found your problem.

FYI, my bubble quit expanding after the move. It turned out that it was getting too much flow - it sulked until I changed the powerheads around. Now it's expanding so much I'm going to have to move things away from it. Again.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424

You are right about them not liking flow. Mine is still not as happy as I'd like. It will be tricky to move it - it is attached to two rocks. I'm going to try shifting the power head a little and see if that helps.
    Gail in Nova Scotia

CAT
    Actually, mine spread onto the large rock underneath it. But they can recede on their own. When I tore the tank down and moved the whole big rock and bubble together, the bubble receded back onto it's own rock. Now it's spreading again. Maybe if it's unhappy for a few days, yours will do the same and you can move it.
    Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive.

photo gallery: http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/showgallery.php?ppuser=424