Thread: tube anemone

Nyx

tube anemone

We just bought a tube anemone from Ivan and were wondering how long it takes for them to come out of their tubes once they are placed in a tank. Any help is appreciated.

Hi Nyxx,
    Furstoff, [welcome2] to AquariaCanada!! Hope you enjoy it here.
    Now, for your question.., I'm off to a good start, huh? because my answer is...I don't know: . I do know there are others here with them so hopefully someone will chime in pretty soon.

Cool

should be almost immedialtly. did you acclimate them for at least 2 hours? wait a day or 2 and keep us posted.there pretty tuff from what I know.

Nyx
    Thank you both! Yes, we did acclimate her for almost two hours before placing her in our tank and we followed Ivan's instructions for positioning her. She started poping out this evening after the metal halides turned off. Then after the actinics went off later, she started coming out a bit more so things are looking up. I'll keep you posted as to her progress.

Nyx
    Well, the tube anemone opened completely and this morning, just before the actinics came on, she looked like an exotic flower - about 4 inches in diameter, her feeder tentacles a pale translucent beige with pale, neon green labial tentacles. She's beautiful! She's in a great location, too, as she's sitting in several inches of sand and has currents delivering food particles right to her. I'll try to get a photo of her up in the next few days.

Thanks so much, Ivan! I did ask you to pick me a pretty one and she's stunning!!