Yellow Tang not accepting Copperband :(

I've added a Copperband Burrerfly fish this morning and my Yellow Tang is chasing him and trying to hit him with his (white thing) alot.

Should I change all the rockwork around? (I really don't want to.. but if I have to.....

Any other suggestions?..

Leave your lights off ....That should do the trick..

HTH

Marcel
    Phins Up ^^^^^^^

"How I wish, how I wish you were here,
    We're just 2 lost souls sitting in a fish bowl,
    Year after year......."(Hope it was cycled!)
    Pink Floyd

give him to me!!!Just joking..
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

^^ ^^

Well the rockwork is now apart .. what a mess! I guess I'll have to see if that works....

Put the yellow tang in the mushroom container

Hopefully they sort things out fairly peacefully. Is the peppermint shrimp doing its job yet?

well I've finally put the whole rockwork together again.. letting the canister filter and skimmer clear out all the cloudyness.. I'm somewhat satisfied with the result.. hopefully my Yellow tang(Page) will not recognize it's old home.. lol and get his panties in a knot again about a new friend...
    I've put all the livestock in.. copperband is getting to know his new home. Not sure when I'll stick "Page" back in there yet.

As for the pep shrimp, haven't seen them since I put them in the tank. Hopefully they are ok.

Originally posted by Houndog
    Put the yellow tang in the mushroom container

Thanks again for the frags

Putting my CB in with my yellow tang almost started WW III.

But they were swimming together in about 5 or 6 days.

This 'friendship' is more of the yellow tang following the CB around to see if it's finding anything good to eat.

The first couple of days can be hair raising, but so long as the butterfly has a place to run & hide in when the tang gets agressive, they'll sort it out.

The tang's goal is primarly to chase the intruder out of it's territory. So if your CB can hide, the tang will get used to him.

The bigger problem IMHO is keeping a stressed out copperbanded eating while the tang gets used to him.

Lot of pods for him to graze on are a requirement & I also add crushed garlic as an appetite stimulant (about 1/2 a clove for my 90G tank)

Most will eventually take frozen mysis. You can thaw this out and let some drift down near where the butterfly hides out. A turkey baster might help, but don't get the baster close enough to scare the hiding CB.

Once they recongize you as the provider of food, they're really personable fish & fun to watch.

Good luck!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Thanks for the advice Krugar. WWIII was exactly what I was seeing as soon as I put the new fish in! lol

Everything seems to be great now. The copperband is eating every featherduster in site and nipping at all the rocks for food.. so I assume he's happy

I put Page back in.. he's swimming around somewhat confused but familiarizing himself with the newly arranged territory and checking the copperband out, but not being agressive, just swimming by contently.

I guess my work this morning paid off
    Thank got I took the day off work "just in case" lol

Eating featherdusters? That's not why you hired him

Glad to hear they are getting along better!