Copperband butterfly Feeding

What's the best thing to feed this guy once he finishes up my aptasia and feather duster worms.. I've read they only tend to eat live foods?

I feed my clowns, gramma, chromis, shrimp and Yellow Tang Frozen cubed "Emerald Entree" and "Frozen Plankton", mixed with flakes, and of corse Nori for the tang...
    anything I should suppliment for the copperband butterfly?

it's funny all my fish eat Nori. Well whenI remember to put it in there!!

Do you get your Emerald Entree and frozen plankton at PU? Thats where I use to get mine in Fredericton but Roy (The Manager) is a smuck and hasn't ordered any in a long time.
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

They love Mysis shrimp

Originally posted by mike536

Do you get your Emerald Entree and frozen plankton at PU? Thats where I use to get mine in Fredericton but Roy (The Manager) is a smuck and hasn't ordered any in a long time.
    Yup.. that's where I get it from.
    I usually get a few at a time ...and since they stopped selling SW fish here in SJ, maybe I should go buy the rest that they have now.. anyone know if Moncton sells the stuff?

Getting them on mysis is the easiest first food for them, but start now.

Mine will also eat forzen maine plantkon, but I wouldn't say he's fond of it.

IMHO garlic does work as an apetite stimulant, and a hunger is the best sauce

I've had not seen a CBB eat flakes in the slightest so expect to be feeding him frozen foods for a good long time.

Selcon is gold as far as I'm concerned, soak his food in a half mL, for about 5 minutes. (I acually soak everything but the nori for 5 minutes in 0.5mL) espically if he's been on a hunger strike. Once he's been eating regularily back the selcon off to every other or every 3rd day.

Do you have a fuge? A CBB will suck up pods like they're candy, a fuge will help keep him supplied with them.

Cheers!
    There is nothing so permanent as a temporary measure.

Anyone know where to get mysis in Saint John area?

I know that PU in SJ doesn't have any, I was there for just that a few weeks ago. I had luck getting my copperband to each thinly sliced scallop with a bit of selcon. I've also had luck with small plankton.
    John

PU in SJ did have Mysis, normally they can not find it in the freezer. Then again they may not know what they are looking for anymore. My CBB loved scallop. Just regualr grocery store scallop, chop it up somewhat fine. Actually everything in my tank loves it.

They like anything meaty. Mysis IS really the ideal and easiest but if you can't get any, try things such as tiny pieces of scallop, snail, mussle, etc... If you have snails, you might even notice the CBB try to nip at them every now and then if a snail happens to fall on it's back or sticks a foot out to far from under it's shell.