My clowns eye???

I just noticed tonight that my clowns eye is looking damaged, its inflamed and has turned a bit blue. I suspect Kole tang let him have a good lash in the eye.

What do you figure the ods are for her eye to heal up nicely?
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

I had a rainbow shark that had a run in with a pictus cat. His eye swelled to 2x normal. I tried to catch him to put him in a hospital tank but he was too fast. In a few days I was surprised to see it better.
    If the eye is opaque or cloudy, however, it might lead to blindness. I've got a corydora catfish that's blind in one eye but she gets along just fine. The eye is opaque, and has a whitish covering. (she's albino, the normal eye is pink). Wait a bit and see. All the best.
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

Thanks, yeah Id say her eye is 2x normal right now. looks like a big gash across its surface... Shes still eating and hanging out in the carpet. Too bad though she might be blind in that eye as it is opaque blue/cloudy Time will tell...

The eyes of fish heal very quickly when water quality and diet are good. As long as no secondary infections set in he will most likely be OK.
    Rob

as long as they are well fed its all good
    high protein foods can't hurt any
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Clowns will sometimes get a condition called pop-eye. If the eye is protruding and there is no visable scratch or cut it may be pop-eye. The best way to describe pop-eye is to picture a Black Moore Goldfish. I read that it is bacterial and exacerbated by stress. If you do a search on "pop-eye" on reef central you may get some more useful information. I did have a clarkii that had it and it cleared up on its own in a week or so.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Thanks OSD and Bram, I feed these guys 4 or 5 times a day with formula, vitamin enhanced mysis and spirulina flakes so the food part is covered. As far as water quality goes, all is honky dory

Thanks swiseman, Im prety sure there is no stress in the tank. 2 fish living in a 75 gallon Well there used to be three but the clowns partner, smaller male, was getting tosed around by his female so now hes in the sump...

Im prety sure it is a gash from DR Koles scalpel, i can see it. + wasnt gradual it was there within Id say a few hours, came home for lunch and there it was. Cant ALL fish get pop-eye?

Pop-eye

Caused by: bacterial infection, parasite infestation, metabolic disorders, and poor water quality.

Symptoms: one or both eyes swell and project from the head. In severe cases, the eye can burst from the socket.

Occurrences: Pop-eye typically affects only one or two fish in an aquarium or pond, and is not considered to be infectious.

Treatment/Control: affected fish can be treated with MelaFix or PimaFix.

your welcome:biggrinbo
    Canons shooting coconut creme
    40 guns in a steady stream. :coolmad:

My hippo tang had Popeye a month ago. That tank has been so very good too. (Which was bad for me because I started to panic) I couldn't remember if he'd had it before but for some reason it seemed familiar. So after a new thread and some more research and some pointers from OSD
    I put the UV sterilizer on 24/7 did a few water changes and turned off the protein skimmer.

When it is only in one eye, my first guess now would be that there was some sort or trauma, (which for my hippo wouldn't surprise me) Second my skimmer puts out a bunch of micro bubbles, so I turned of off to reduce the amount of dissolved O2 CO2.
    All in all it cleared up in a few days.

Woot!
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Well heres an update on my clown. Its REALY looking much better today. The swelling has gone down and its color has darkened a bit. I think its going to heal up
    Like you said OSD, no secondary infection, healing up nicely!
    Thanks to everyone for your input.