Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

micro bubbles problem

Hi guys, i am having since the beginning some micro bubbles and i have been thinking that one day, it will stop doing so since i was seeing no leaking and no deposit of salt. Recently, i have been tired of still seeing those micro bubbles and now i am working to make it go. I have checked all the plumbing, putting more PVC glue on all the fittings and i was still have those bubbles. Tonight, i changed my ABS "U shape" intake for another one that i can unscrew on the top to primed the water in for the closed loop and i think i know where is the problem. One of my 2 intake isn't sucking up water to my Sequence Dart pump. Do you guys think that what is making to micro bubbles? How can i solve that problem? Thanks!

My closed loop is exactly the same as Tang_Man_Montreal.
    Richard

Hobby Experience: Newbie
    600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

Ok my mistake, both intake are working... have any of you had the same problem before? Still having lots of micro bubbles...
    Richard

600G system, Sifligoi3x400w with ACLS units, 2xH&S A200-2x1260, Schuran Jetstream 2 Ca reactor, 4xVortech Pump, Tunze Stream 6200, Tunze Wavebox, 4xWavy Sea Plus wavemaker, Oceans Motions 4 way, Prolifux Wireless Controller, Red Sea 100mg Ozonizer, Seachem Pinnacle 200GPD RO/DI

I would recheck all unions if you have any and put some lubricant on the o rings. and re tighten. Also if you have any threaded fittings you might want to undo them and put more teflon tape and the put a ring of silicon before you rescrew them back together.
    If you are still getting air bubbles you could try pressurizing the line with air you would have to seal all the out puts, drain all the water in the line, and slowly bring the pressure up max of 30 psi. I put the air line into the drain hole of the pump.

Thanks Joseph, i will check all the union and true union ball valve. No threaded part except for the true union ball valve.

I guess i will start by there and will try pressurizing it after that if necessary
    Richard

What about putting silicone all over the union and true ball valve? Should get rid of the problem by then no? is it a good idea, or i might cause i problem for later on for maintenance?
    Richard

I don't think that is necessary if you lub the 0 ring. You are not sure the leak if from there either.

Ok i will do that today and give you some news, hope its going to work!!!
    Richard

Does anyone here know where i can fing PVC silicone?
    Richard

Originally posted by i2ik
    Does anyone here know where i can fing PVC silicone?
    If you mean PVC glue go to Home Depot or Rona or CTC. If you mean silicone there is no such thing that I am aware of that is referred to as PVC silicone. CTC sells a line of house brand silicones that includes one that says right on the tube "safe for aquariums. Other then that any 100% pure silicone that dose not contain any algaecide or mildew resisters is good.
    Rob

Rob,

Considering that Richard was talking about using lube for "O"-rings... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest he's looking for silicone grease....
    It's not junk, it's un-assembled DIY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast