Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

aggressive clown

I have two ocellarius clowns and have had them for a few years without problem. Just lately one has become more aggressive than normal and is making the other clown look terrible by biting smal peices off of him. Also when I stick my hand in the tank he attacks my hand too which he had never done before, these are my only two fish and I'd like to start to get more, should I be concerned of the aggressive one or will he only attack his own kind?

sounds like one is gonna be the dominate one, once this is established things should quiet down again....if that's it
    Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple

If they have been together for a few years, wouldn't the dominance (male/female) issue have been settled before this?

That's what I thought too. I just moved the tank about a month ago do you think this may have upset him to the point where he's turned aggressive?

you must have gotten them really tiny, they wern't to big when I seen them. I'd say there deciding who is boss. keep an eye out but theres not much you can do. if you think thats aggressive try 2 maroon clowns
    p.s, how is the leather doing??

The clowns are the same size they were when I bought them though??? Why would he attack though?

Everytime I look at the leather I swear it got a little bigger. I had to move it because it was pressed up against the glass, so it's a little mad at me at the moment...it's very cool though!!!

I may just sell the non aggressive one to spare his life, but what would happen if I get any other type of fish in there...are clowns only aggresive with other clowns?

If you are going to get rid of one then why not get rid of the aggressive one and solve all your problems. Just let people know it is aggressive. Someone with a more aggressive tank will probably take it.

I thought of that but then I thought I was giving someone else my problems...but I guess if someone already has an aggressive tank than it really isen't an issue.

Does anyone know if clowns are aggressive to other type of fish or just thier own?

I FEAR THE CLOWN!!! HE GOES BALISTIC WHEN I HAVE MY HAND IN THE TANK...TRIES TO TAKE A CHUNK OUT OF ME!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast