Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

clown too big for bta?

i just got a small bta, about 2 inches across. i have a pair of ocellaris, with the female being about 1.5 inches. i was really surprise today when i saw the female clown taking an interest in the bta. i'm kinda worried that the clown is stressing the bta too much since it's so big. i also saw the clown trying to bite or open the bta's mouth after i just feed the bta a piece of shrimp. i don;t think this is normal, what can i do?
    Vu

the clown will take food from the bta, that is normal.
    Feed the clowns first, let them have some shrimp of their own.

If the bta is healthy it will have no problem with the clowns. It'll double in size in no time at all.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

i thought clown were suppost of protect the bta and give it food not take it away. the bta just threw up the piece of shrimp that i gave it, it ate it all and then spat it out. does this mean it;s full or soemthing? i did feed the bta a piece of shrimp for hte past 2 days. how often should i feed it? how do i know if teh clown is being too rough or not?
    Vu

give it a very small chunk once a week.

The clowns will take food from the bta. It's normal.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

Ahhhh but there is such a thing as tooooo much love from a clown towards an anemone! My clarkki grounded my BTA to the ground from "loving" it too much. The best thing is to observe and see if the clowns are too rough on it isolate the BTA for a while to give it time to grow bigger and stronger.
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

how would i isolate the bta?
    Vu

Depending on your tank set up... make a cage around it out of egg crate or even a separation in the tank for one side the clowns the other the anemone. If you have an other tank move the clowns somewhere else for a bit (harder to do for most people) It all depends if the clowns really start to "grind" into the anemone and make it unconfortable it might not recover from the stress of being in a new environement. You really only should feed it once to twice a week max. If the BTA spits it out it's because it is not hungry. Also make sure you give it really small pieces of food to allow her to swallow it and digest it.
    And all the usual; watch out for power heads, proper lighting water flow and very good parameters will make a happy anemone and some soon to be happy clowns
    Carol
    Can we fit one more tank? :P
    Dont mind my spelling mistakes I've got an excuse...I'M FRENCH!

but how do i know if the clown is being too rough or not? right now it;s not constantly hanging around the bta, i don;t think it;s too bad right now. the female seems to not want to share the bta at all, if the male get anywhere near the anemone, the female will chase him to the other side of the tank
    Vu

What would be the proper water flow? I have my LTA in a spot with a lot of flow. Is that good for it?

gkilla anemones can move so if there is too much flow it will move to a place with less
    Vu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast