Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grouper Was A Bad!! Idea Lol

:grr: he has become a holy terror. he is taking runs at my poor ACHILLES TANG! I'm stopping by CANADIAN TIRE today for some fishing line and a hook.

LOL! Sorry to hear but you should have known that! LOL! Little savages they are! Nice fish though!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

Cool

how should I have known that? all research I did did not state that it would be attaching fish as large as tangs. as a fact most stated that it would eat small fish but be very reclusive and not aggressive to larger fish. [which is not the case with this individual]

Oh Sorry! My understanding is they are little savages! My BF does maintenance on a tank that has one and they can't put anything else in with it! Don't know much, other then that! Never kept one! My Bad!

Like the idea of Fishing line and a hook though! LOL!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

funny thing is he is fine with the other tangs [sorta] but he hates the achilles??? not sure why. but, the achilles was there first so the grouper will go back to the LFS. its UNBELIEVABLE how much they can eat! and they act just like bass.

I used to work for an aquarium maintenance company that used to have one in their main display at the office, along with the FATTEST eel ive ever seen(5.5 feet long 3.5 inches thick) This foot long grooper would chase the eel around so bad it would jump out of the tank. This eel was REALY nasty and at one point bit half the groopers tail off. Even then the grooper would continue to chase it arround. We eventualy put eggcrate seperation between the 2. The grooper still tried to get at the eel by ramming into the eggcrate... I was going to mention it but I didnt want to tell you you SHOULDNT get a fish, especialy that you looked so excited about this fish and considering that youd taken your corals out and all. My bad, next time Ill deffinatly speak up. Well if he hasnt killed anything then consider your self lucky!
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

grouper in general are agressive, size has noting to do with it... :P maybe its because of the tangs colour that stimulates him to attack more....

its one of those fish u really shouldn't get unless ur prepared
    groupers... are... bass... duh...

go for a panther grouper if u gonna get one.. they're funny looking

Ya know Johnny, if its easier to take the Achilles Tang out I will take it off your hands...

What kind of grouper is it? I had a V-Tail that was holy terror. It was entertaining to watch. The most agressive eater I have ever seen.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

That's a bummer Johnny but my own experence is that it is rare when groupers behave. How you going to fish him out of there? I'm guessing your comment about the "hook and line" was a joke?
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast