Setting up my 90 from my 110?

I tore down my 110 to set up my 90. I had kept all my live sand from the 110 in a large Rubbermaid container with an aquaclear and carbon going for about 1 1/2 weeks. I washed the sand thoroughly before putting it in the Rubbermaid. Kept all the livestock including corals and 150 pounds of live rock in another tank until my 90 gallon was finished being drilled and plumbed.

I started setting up my 90 today. I filled the tank 3/4 of the way with cycled water, added two inches of sand from the Rubbermaid, the live rock, I also added some bio-support. Corals and livestock have not gone in yet.
    Would the tank go through a cycle after all this?

Thanks
    John

I would think maybe a little one! When I set up my 50gal, I went through a very similar process. I added only about 10gal of new water. I was able to add my livestock about 3 days later. Had a little nitrate, mostly from disturbed sand I think, but no other major jumps in params.

Not my area of expertise though, just what worked for me. I'd give it 24 hours and test! That's the best thing!
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

You will have a cycle. How big the cycle will be will depend on what you did when you washed the sand. If you removed the beneficial bacteria then it will have to start all over. Chances are you did not, however, you will at the very least get some dendris for a few weeks.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

I'll test the water for ammonia tomorrow (after 24 hours), to see I can detect a rise. If the tank was going to cycle, when approximately would it occur, days or weeks?

Thanks again

Hi John .. your not likely going to see anything happen until there is a bio load on the tank. Once it's running I would suggest you add something that will rot in the tank and see what happens after a few days. You sort of need to test the tanks biological carrying capacity.
    Rob

Hey Rob,
    I'll throw in a couple of large frozen shrimp. Better not let my wife see her succulent jumbo shrimp rotting in the tank lol.
    Thanks
    John