Feeding Brain Corals?

I just fed my new closed brain for the first time and I was quie surprised. It took the small piece of silverside in within a few minuites. My question is; there are two large mouths visable, is it necessary to geed both or will one surfice. I really like the look of this brain and want to ensure he does not go the way my Lobo did. We will deal with the Lobo in a seperate thread.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

I'd say feed both, cause for all intensive purposes, it is two seperate animals.. (each lobe, that is)

hmmm now that i think about it... should we use cortex to describe brain corals...? no i suppose lobe will suffice...

if u don;t mind me asking what happened to your lobo? i have a small lobo right now that seems to be doing really good, i feed it about once a week. i usually give food to all the sections of the brain.
    Vu

Neotekz,

Not really sure what happened to the Lobo. Over the past month the tissue has receeded dramaticaly on one side and substantially on the other. The skeleton is visable all the way around. When I got it a month ago it was in perfect condition and was at a LFS for 4 months prior to my purchase. The store never did any target feeding, nor did I until recently. I suspect that my lighting is too intense for this coral and I have moved it to a shaded area. It does not seem to eat any of the foods I have been trying which include, cyclopeeze, chopped silversides, and brine shrimp. I cover the coral with a 2 litre pop bottle top and turn off the pumps for the feeding and it just doesn't do anything. I am going to give it two more weeks and see if there is any change. If not, I will be giving it anyone in the area that thinks they can turn it around. I am in Moncton, so anyone if anyone is interested, just let me know.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

sorry to hear that, my lobo was extremely hardy. it was the only coral that survived when my tank crash. it;s doing great now. i have it near the top but i only have pc lighting. good luck with it though
    Vu

I really think they are communal and will share the nutrition. Not necessary IME to feed *every* polyp on every coral.
    Don't Panic Feel free to visit my blog -> Internet Tough Guy.