Thread: wavemaker

wavemaker

I could use some help with wavemakers...honestly im confused as to how this is supposed to be hooked up to the tank. =p duh i know lol
    Anyway I keep doing searches for wavemakers but most of what I find is what looks like a power centre =p Or some sort of water outlet...
    What about this ?
    http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...2k.asp?CartId=
    it looks a little less confusing :blah: also, no cords and stuff to hide
    thanks for the help =)
    asherah

I have one on my new tank, but it is not running yet... It will be in a week or 2. But this is already installed. I have attached a picture of how it does attached to the tank

Zeke:
    I saw this unit but have never seen one in action. The concept is great. When you have yours working I would like to see yours in action.

How big is the unit and how silent do you think it is.

Does it surge both the top and the bottom of the unit. (Top of the tank and then the bottom)

When it is working let me know,

Thanks!
    I have a lot of Patients

If you check out www.wave2k.com there are 2 movies. I watched them both and it does surge top and bottom. It also cycles so in on the bottom out on top then it reverses.
    Can't wait to try it. I will have to get the corner unit for it tho.
    asherah

I just viewed the videos... not very impressive :crap:
    The scene takes place in a relatively empty tank (just a few rocks)and some fish.
    I wonder how it will work in a real tank that has rock and corals.....but still a good concept!
    I have a lot of Patients

As soon as I say if I have ripped off or if it is a good wavemaker I will let you know...
    :biglaugh2

Steve

spend a couple hundred more and get the tunze, it works great.

Marinescape has one setup in action in their new 6' X 42" tank. That thing moves water.

I have one in my 4' 120g, it's sweet. The polyp extension on my sps went nuts after I installed it and my ritteri has never seemed happier. Nothing like seeing a softy of any sort move back and forth, or a stationary fish hovering back and forth.
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.

PUTZ,

What kind of stand do you have? I am considering the unit(wavebox) but think it would move the tank back and forth abit much. How does it affect your overflows? Can you see the wave under the trim? What other pumps are you using for flow?

The stand is homemade. My tank is an inwall backing on the garage and the bottom of it is 6 feet off the ground. The stand is a simple 2x4/2x6 construction which also uses part of the existing wall for support, 2x6 drywalled.

There may be some movement from the tank, ever so slightly, but it is hard to be certain. Very very slightly.

I cannot see the wave under the trim. At Marinescape they covered the wave to prevent people form becoming sea sick form viewing the motion. Your livestock prefers it though :biggrinbo

The overflow always has flow, but more/less/more/less. It has no real effect.

I also have a 6060 and 2 maxi 1200 to mix things up in the tank.

What it comes down to is this...Every molecule of water...in my tank...in every crevice...hole in the rock...every tiny little space...is getting movement. I am moving EVERYTHING. Beat that flow. :blah:
    125G in wall
    2 x 250 hqi
    4 x 4' actinics
    tunze wavemaker & 6060
    2 x 1200 maxi's
    quiet one 3000

...just started of course

One day my daughter asked me for Nemo. Here we are thousands later and I'm just getting started.