Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy Here

New Guy Here

Hi All,
    First time in this forum, I've been using Reefcentral since 2001. I'm Live in Stittville New York and "I AM CANADIAN" I'm originally from New Brunswick and visit 2-3 times/year. I'll be up their next week for a week.
    Anyone from NB on this forum?

I would say there are at least 10 or so on the forum from NB, including myself.

By the way, welcome to Aquaria Canada.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Any good reef stores in NB?

Good is a subjective term. You will not find any stores carrying SPS are for that matter most will not have LPS. Bird Eye View in Bathurst, NB is not bad. He usually has a decent selection of softies and LPS. The owner, Claude Trembley, is a bit of a hard head, however, once you get to know him, he is a really decent guy. I would give him a 6 out of 10 for knowledge, but 10 out of 10 for customer service. The only other notable on the eastern side of the province is Noble Aquarium in Moncton, NB. Terry Noble has only had the store going for a little over a month and has only had one Marine shipment so far. He is getting another order in This week which will include more corals. Within a year, I would say that Noble Aquarium will be the place to shop in NB for local fish stores. The rest of the stores that I have been in in NB have a tank or two with Damsels and the occasional Morish Idol. lol....

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

Not much for reef stuff up their I guess.
    What kind of price for Hermits and turbos?
    Coral expensive too?

As a general rule, you can expect to pay 2 x the cost of internet sites. Hermits are usually $2.99 or 5 for $10. Astrea snails are around $5.00 and you can get 5 for $20 in most places.

Check out this forum if you want a quick snapshot of the hobby in the Atlantic Provinces.

http://aquariacanada.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Hardware:

Wow thats expensive. At the end of the month I'll be getting an order of Turbo/Astrea and mini blue hermits. I get 200 Turbo/Astrea and 500 hermits for $150..
    I get them here. http://rockyshores.saltyzoo.com/price/

Hey there Nammy. Swiseman hit it right on the head for corals in NB. This is almost a mail order province for corals and fish. Welcome to the board and oh ya I'm from NB as well.

Maybe you should smuggle some of them snails up this way!!!!LOL :biglaugh2
    Cheers,
    Mike Philpott

Hi Mike, thanks for the welcome. Military are you?
    I.m in Fredericton next week on leave. I heard there is a fish shop in Fredericton...

hey i was born in moncton new brunswick =)
    But now I live in camrose alberta. =p Still think of new brunswick as home tho.
    :biggrinbo

amanda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast