Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish

Dwarf/Zebra Lionfish
    (Dendrochirus zebra)

Will it eat other fish? Live aquaria says they only need 30 gallons is that true?
    Also, yay I have live rock coming tomorrow! :biggrinbo
    asherah

I have a dwarf zebra in my 95 gal and has not eaten my fish or cleaner ship I think the general rule of thumb is if the fish can fit in its mouth it will eat it as well as cleaner shimp and so on... When I bought mine it was a baby just 2 inches long so I was ok but he grew pretty quick. I feed mine some silver sides along with what he gets from the regular tank feedings on brine and mysis and so on...

Whats silversides? is that a type of prepared fish for them. ? I've seen other ppl make reference to aswell. Where can I get it ?
    Thank you
    asherah

By the way, he' d probab;y eat my clownfish then right? lol
    hrmm
    asherah

Silverside are a marine feeder fish. They are sold in frozen packages. Brake some off and thaw it out in a small container containing your tank water. Your LFS should be able to order it in for you. As for your clownfish, well it depends on the type. A large Clarkii or Tomatoe would probably be fine. An Ocellaris or Percula could become a meal. If it can fit in its mouth and its hungry its gone.

On a side note, you say you have rock coming. I would not add anything for a while until your rock is cured. Do a search on curing rock if you are unsure of what is involved. Dwarf Lionfish are not inexpensive and it would be ashame to loose one to an amonia spike.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

yeh no i don't plan on adding anything else until the rock is settled in. It's supposed to be cured already so i'm hoping nothing bad happens !
    I'm attatched my clownfish now..but I have give 2 of htem up because apparently i got bad advice and can't have 4 =(
    thanks
    asherah

Keep the biggest one and the smallest one. They will eventually pair up.
    If my wife asks, it was only $20.

Hardware:
    220 Gal Mostly SPS Reef, 66 gal sump with refuge, 33 gal refugium, Gen-X Mak-5 Return, 3 x IceCap 250 MH, 2 x 110 VHO, Deltec APF600 Skimmer and a Deltec AP-600, Geo 6-18 Calcium Reactor, 2 x Tunze Stream 6100, Profilux Plus II EX Controller.

30G should be enough and they will only eat small fishies that can fit into it's mouth.
    45 Gallon
    x2 96WPC Lights, x2 9W over CPR fuge, x1 36W T5 Actinic
    Remora C skimmer, Ehiem Cannister
    Solon Wrasse,Yellow Tang, Clarkii Clown, Blue Neon Goby, Mandarin
    Assorted Zoo's,Shrooms,Rics, LPS