Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

who had experience with Pygmy Angel or Sixline Wrasse

I'm thinking about adding one to my tank, which is very docile. I am not concerned with if they'll eat the featherdusters but I am concerned with nipping at softey's and aggressiveness.

I'm thinking along the lines of a Coral Beauty or Flame Angel or Sixline wrasse, please indicate what you have(had) and your experience.

I've had a Coral Beauty for 3 years now and he doesn't pick at any corals, but he's a prick when it come to adding new fish! He terrorizes everythinng in the tank!

I think Flames are bad for Coral picking. Don't know anything about six-Line....
    :fish3:Piatchie:fish3:

Why is it called "cargo" when it goes by ship, and "shipment" when it goes by car?

flames are fine, they're just more badass than coralbeauties when it comes to other fish... lots hiding space will cure that...

6 line wrasse is totally reef safe, and pretty docile, i hear they are harder to kepe though

ALL angels are a gamble, I've had both flame and coral beauty. both picked at corals. there known to pick at all typse of corals and clams. Its a 50/50 chance.

6 line wrasse can and usually are mean when established. they have been known to attack manderins as well and going for the eyes. all awsome fish,all chancy.

I have a bicolor Angel which I believe is also considered a pygmy angel. He gets along fine with the tomato clown and mandarin goby. All the fish are close to the same size, and the angel was added last. Not sure if this makes any difference. I have just started to add corals to my tank, but so far Ive not had any problems. The angel will pick at the live rock, but thats about it. I have mushrooms and zoanthids.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Setup:
    27 Gallon Saltwater tank, 110W PC Light, Seaclone 100, 5 gallon HOB Fuge,Approx. 30lbs Live rock, Aragamax sand substrate.
    Livestock:
    Tomato clown, Mandarin dragonnet, Bicolor Angel, Assorted hermits and snails, Cleaner Shrimp.
    Corals:
    Assorted mushrooms, Zoanthids, Finger Leather.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I agree with Johnny regarding the wrasse. They are a big gamble. Some are notorious for picking eyes out of fish larger than themselves.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

i had a atlantic pygmy for 6 days do to bad advice from my lfs. i had xenia and green button polyps in there for that time and no nipping

I'm on my second 6line with no issues. Beautiful fish, no troubles with other tank mates. I have had 2 Flames, neither one was nippy.

I've had a 6 line for a couple of years now, things I've noticed is that they tend to pick on smaller fish, they chase them around the tank every now and then, they also don't like fairy wrasses, I have a Lubbocks wrasse in the tank also and the 6 line chases him every now and then, they seem to be moody, 1 day they don't bother anyone, then the next there back to chasing, they also like to jump, just happen to be there one time when it flew right out of the tank onto the carpet, I picked him up and put him back in, swam away like nothing happened, had a flame angel that nipped at sps every now and then.
    Wayner

Thanks all, I think I'll just add some more shrimps lol and forget the fishies. I've already had to tear down the tank 2x to remove a nasty fish and never again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast