Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How to catch it?

Need advice on the best way to catch a fish. How do you catch your fish?

Thanks

Just as you add food to the tank...snatch him or as soon as the lights go off or on they go partially blind for a moment.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

sometimes thats easier said than done :biglaugh2 I've been trying to remove my achilles for a month and even the trap hasn't worked. IRONMAN, I'll be buying KHOAS fishtrap this weekend for $20. you can then inturn either buy it off me or rent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rock
    sometimes thats easier said than done :biglaugh2 I've been trying to remove my achilles for a month and even the trap hasn't worked. IRONMAN, I'll be buying KHOAS fishtrap this weekend for $20. you can then inturn either buy it off me or rent it?
    I find it easier to catch a fish at night when they are sleeping.
    20 g reef, 72 g reef

Clowns are easy to catch like that at night. I've had to catch my hippo twice and that does not work. The first time I just took out the rock he was in. The second time I caught him, I took out his hideout hopping it would be that easy again. Well it was not, so I took out more rock and put a container in the tank. Then persuaded him in with nets. Funny how he preferred the bucket over the net. What kind of fish?

I believe IRONMAN is trying to catch his ANGEL and he also has a fairly large tank. won't be easy as fish will tend to sleep right in the rock work.

Johnny,
    You're right! I tried last night after the lights had been off for a couple hours. She sleeps right under all the live rock. I tried the feeding and the net method but without success. I have to catch her today and I believe the only way to achieve this is by taking down the rockwork :crap:

I think this will work. I'll slide down a piece of acrylic (width and height of tank) and contain her to one side of the tank. Take the rockwork down in that contained area, then reduce the size of the area with the acrylic sheet, and then net her out.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

that should do it, unfortunatly KHOA sold his trap and I can't use the acrylic sheet thing. :bawling:

Too bad about the trap. The way I have my aquascape (two mounds on either side of the tank), allows me to seperate the tank in two. I just got her out without much difficulty...well...I'm one VHO short now, just my luck. I used a large piece of egg crate instead of the acrylic sheet.

Patience and 2 nets. One for Each hand.
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast