upgrade started!!

well, i'm at the point of no return. i've just got done switching over to a temporay 77 gallon from my 50. it was going pretty good, transfered the live rock from a separate holding tank, the corals and rock from the 50. then it came time for the fish. the clowns were so easy, just direct them with my hand into an ice cream container and put them in the temp tank. hte blennie was a little more difificult. he hid in a rock, so i decided to take the rock and all, well just as i was lifting the container with rock and blennie, he jumped. but landed in the tank, thank goodness. second time worked and he made the transfer. then comes the pygme angel. well, i had him cornered and i thought he was captured, and boy was he ever. he jumped out of the water ( approx 3" by this time) and landed right in the net. but he went so fast, he got stuck in the net. his scales and spines on his back got tangled in the netting. after a minute, and a few punctures from his spines, he was in the container and transfered. then something amazing and scary happened at the same time. all the mini bristle stars ( around 15 or so) that i have, came out of the rocks and started to spawn. kind of cool to see it happen, but scary to know it was because of the stress (and probably something in the new water that was different) that they spawned. i hope they don't croak on me. hopefully the pictures i took (sorry not digital) will come out alright so i can scan them.

i'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
    Barry

Patience is a virtue.

Good luck Barry!!! Hope everything goes well & smoothly for ya!!!!

ATC
    Do our fish ever look small now! And they will be going to a 90-gal! I'm not sure if the angel actually jumped or if he was moving at mach 6 when he missed the container and hit the net but he actually needed to be cut out of the net!
    Aven

Wow- you guys had an exciting night! I have never seen the mini stars spawn. Cool. You'll have lots now!

Poor Dr. Fu! Hope he likes his big new reef!
    Gail in Nova Scotia

ATC
    After being moved he didn't even show any of the white stress marks they have when their wound up. The poor little clown looked like he was lost in the corner and couldn't find his mate :bawling:
    Aven

OMG! That was quite an ordeal. I can't believe Flash, he sure wasn't going to make it easy for you. Glad to hear everyone's ok though. I guess this kind of thing is a big deal from their point of view. That tank was their whole world and now it's just gone! Oh well, another few days and they'll be all moved into their new world and will have forgotten all about the old one.

I hope the rest goes smoothly guys!
    Susan