Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ijo

Cleaner Shrimp(s) gone

Cleaner shrimp missing... uggg... this is the 3rd one... someone in my tank is being well fed.  If I ever catch the lil guy I'll be having him for supper.  

IJO

Re: Cleaner Shrimp(s) gone

What do you have in the tank IJO.....???? *I'll bring the wine to the dinner when you catch him. *Hope it's a big fish...I love my seafood.
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo

hehe mouse... I have enough snails in there to have a smorgasbord of escargot  ;D

Yellow tang, flame angel, emerald crab, blue damsels, tomatoe clowns, couple blood shrimp... ton of crabs and snails.  I wonder if I got a hitchhicker killer crab in there somewhere.... this is the 4th shrimp gone missing(3 cleaner and a perpermint).

IJO

lol....I can't see any of those fish getting a shrimp...I'd be looking at night with the flashlight for a hitch-hiker.  (maybe set a trap...with meat in it at night).  3 shrimps missing is awfully suspicious....good luck
    The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

ijo

Yeah.. i've done the flashlight thing for a week stright... nothing... I'll try the trap idea and see how that does.

Thanks

Did you hear clicking noises from inside the tank? If yes, think Mantis Shrimp.
    If the authors of "Finding Nemo" knew anything about Clownfishes, Marlin would turn into a female and Nemo would become her new husband.

ijo

No clicking.. just chewing sounds  hehe...

I havent heard or seen anything out of the ordinary.  They all seem happy and then one disappears.

IJO

Hi Ivan. Sorry about the loss of your livestock, I guess no discount on shrimp then. What about if I snapped up one of the blood shrimp?
    I found a crab inside my tank, that i didn't know i had. it is kinda pink/white in color. It never occured to me that it could be a killer? i wonder if i should try finding/destroying it?
    Any news on the dark blue mushroom/sun polyps?
    The Xenia frag i bought, fully openned yesterday, (just like you said, 2 days) and is doing well. I've relocated my damaged green brain to a shadier spot in the tank, and I think it is doing better. Thanks True Perc for the suggestion to move it.
    Btw, gotta say this is one of the best designed web sites for salt water aquariums that i've run across on the net, and its local ;D. Keep up the good work.

ijo

Hey Salty Dog,

I'll still give you that discount... but you got to hurry... I have one left and I hear he's being hunted. LOL

If your able to take a pick of that hitchhiker crab, we could try to identify it.  If it has red eyes.. its probably bad.  I've read a few posts from people who say emeralds have eaten some critters in their tanks(I personally don't think so since their diet consists of greens only.

As for the mushroom and sun polyps, I'm just waiting for a 65 gallon to cycle so I can move some of the livestock out of my main tank.  I plan to place the order late next week.  I'll keep you posted.

I'm glad your xenia is doing fine... the other frag we have is also doing great.

IJO
    P.S I'm happy you like the site If anyone has any ideas/suggestions... just let me know.

ok, i'll take the blood shrimp. I was gonna wait and get everything at once, but if your stock is moving, i'd better too! When can i pick him up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast