Cleaner Shrimp Molting

Hello,

Ive gotten a cleaner shrimp about amonth or so ago, and it seems he moults about every 1-2 weeks. I realize that moulting is normal as they grow, but I think this is abit excessive and may be a sign of stress. What sorts of things should I be looking at that may be causing undue stress to the shrimp. All other tank mates seem to be fine with no apparent signs of stress.

Thanks for the help.
    Cheers,
    Mark

Setup:
    27 Gallon Saltwater tank, 110W PC Light, Seaclone 100, 5 gallon HOB Fuge,Approx. 30lbs Live rock, Aragamax sand substrate.
    Livestock:
    Tomato clown, Mandarin dragonnet, Bicolor Angel, Assorted hermits and snails, Cleaner Shrimp.
    Corals:
    Assorted mushrooms, Zoanthids, Finger Leather.

shrimp don't molt from stress, shrimps die from stress...

growing fast = molting fast, especially if u got a little guy and ur feeding him lots...

amount of iodine and calcium in the water will help him greatly in metabolizing and hardening new shells

This particular shrimp eats especially well. When the mysis shrimp is put into the tank, it is often still clumped together. The cleaner shrimp will take the entire piece, and the angel and clown will have to pull it away from him. Kinda funny to watch.

The only additive I use in my tank is an additive call "Purple Up". Its supposedly meant to speed the growth of corraline algae. The label states that it maintains and replenishes iodine and calcium. Ofcourse like many other additives on the market, this one may also be "crap".
    Cheers,
    Mark

Setup:
    27 Gallon Saltwater tank, 110W PC Light, Seaclone 100, 5 gallon HOB Fuge,Approx. 30lbs Live rock, Aragamax sand substrate.
    Livestock:
    Tomato clown, Mandarin dragonnet, Bicolor Angel, Assorted hermits and snails, Cleaner Shrimp.
    Corals:
    Assorted mushrooms, Zoanthids, Finger Leather.

never used it, couldn't tell ya.. if the shrimp is eat well i wouldn't worry too much, i've seen many a shrimp swim to the surface to grab the biggest piece of food they can find then dragging it down lol :biggrinbo

Moulting Every 2-3 weeks is normal
    I have 2 and I always see the shells

my pistol shrimp moults about ever 3 weeks
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Molting shrimp

Mine do this all the time, every 2 weeks. Mine is especially greedy when it's feeding time. Right to the surface, steal the mysis, back to the cleaning station...every time. When feeding mysis, I have to drop a small piece, then wait till he grabs it. Then I drop the rest so the others get to eat :hysterica