Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Zoo's (problems)

Just wondering if any of you have had this problem. When I put my zoo's into my show tank, for some reason they pull into themselves almost flat to the rock they are on,,,then die off.
    The water is fine, all corals and fish are fine in this tank. I use the same salt on both my tanks, Could it be from the shock of different water from my other tank. The lighting is the same on both of my tanks, only different here is the lighting on the tank they are coming from is 175MH on 12 inches (depth of water), then I'm putting them into a tank that is 36 inches of water,,,which is less watts per depth.
    Any ideas.....

how did you acclimate them?
    Zoo's are almost impossible to kill.
    Newbie in training

I'm thinking I transfered them too quickly...because I'm under the same impression that they are impossible to kill, I did this in a 20 min. period of small water changes to the new tank.. then put them in...I'm sure this is the reason too...

Zoos are funny, you can have them for years and then they are gone. I had a colony of about 60 that started by not totally opening, then shrinking then totally gone.

I've known people that don't acclimate corals what so ever and never had a problem even with delicate corals. I don't see why zoos would have a problem with acclimation in your case.

You can do a search here and RC for threads that will tell you about many experiences. I think this can be chalked up to one of those weird zoo things.

I personally never acclimate my zoo's, I simply let it float in the water to adjust the tempature and it goes into the tank.
    Newbie in training

could you have a zoo eating fish or nudi in that tank? Zoos are pretty hearty in general..
    Matt.

Old system torn down to make a playroom.. planning a 62x42x28 high

I have had zoos completely dissapear then than come back again a couple months down the road.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Khoa
    Zoo's are almost impossible to kill.
    That can be so true. I cut a polyp top off with a razor blade (fragging misshape) and lost it in the tank. I found it later attached to a rock with a few other heads that grew.

On the flip side, I've also had 20 zoos just melt away for no reason. I bought the rock, dripped for an hour and a half, put in the tank just to watch them waste away after a month. All the other zoos I had bought at that time were fine but I guess some are just picky.

The Zoo do they need special care... can they have to much light

You can put them anywhere in the tank and if your parameter are fine they will extend fully.
    180g AGA inwall W/ 2 overflows W/ 205g sump 20g fuge, 77g W/ 30g sump 12g fuge w/mag 9.5 pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast