Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buying Stuff From the Classified Section

Now you would probably think that since I moderate that board, that I'd know a little more about this stuff but.....

I have come to an agreement in principle to purchase a pump from Zeke in Montreal. Anyone have any thoughts as to how best to complete the payment part of the transaction, as well as options for getting the pump from Montreal to Ottawa?

Well, for payment, there are a few options: PayPal, money transfer, etransfer. money order, cheque. The advantage to Paypal or etransfer is that the money is received immediately, but there are often small charges incurred.
    As to delivery - no idea. I guess you don't want to use Canada Post? Maybe someone will host a MASO meeting so TangMan will come up.

I'm not against having the pump shipped (anyone have any idea what this would cost?), but Sara you see right through me. I wouldn't be against someone offering to bring it to Ottawa :wink5:

I bought a Monti Cap frag from Percula99 about a year ago and I seem to recall paying directly online right from my bank account. Is this "etransfer"? How does one set this up?

if you do online banking and he does online banking then you can just e-mail the coin and its instant.
    PAYPAL aint the best route. it could take days for the seller to get his coin and cost the sender a few bucks.

ZEKE is A okay so no worrys there. ask him how he wants to recieve payment? you might have to just send a cheque.

CANADAPOST is just fine for shipping and it'll probally cost $10 ground.
    3 days or around there.
    thats a good pump as I have one and really like them.

Thanks JR. If it's only $10.00 or so I'll just get him to ship it. I'm not in a rush at all for the pump, so time is not a factor. As for payment, I've asked him how he wants to do it and am waiting to hear back.

BTW, thanks for giving him a reference as well.

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    I can't add much to what's been said here...
    If you have internet banking, you should be able to email money transfer. It works great. You can also go through www.certapay.com to see if your bank supports this, which happens to be the service that handles the email money transfers. All my purchases through AC are handled this way.

Canadapost XpressPost (often next day, with delivery confirmation and insured to $100) should cost between $8-13, depending on box size and weight.

Or, I could always arrange to bring it up to the next MASO meeting as well.
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

actually I'd ask him to go a little lower in price [like $15] as that same pump sells here for the same price and then your mod discount. actually, might be cheaper to buy it from IVAN lol. and no shipping

When is the next MASO meeting?

Senior Member tang_man_montreal's Avatar
    dunno.... lol
    I am Homer of BORG... Prepare to be..OOOO!! DONUT!!!!!!

Someone in Rockland is having one in January, I dunno who. But I expect to have one in late January/early February if all goes as planned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast