What live food to feed a clam ?

I've just got a 2" maxima clam and would like to know what live food is used to feed it ? My tank is 8 months old and i have it placed 10" below water line under 175w 10,000k metal halide. I have MarineSnow (Plankton diet) and feed my tank with it 2x (5ml) capfull twice a week in 90g tank. Is it ok/enough or should i get other live food instead ? I dont' want it to starve.

thanks.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that

Another way to target feed it would be to put the clam in a small bowl of tank water, and add your cap full of DTs to the bowl. Once the water is pretty clear, feeding is done.
    29gal mixed reef (softies, and a couple of LPS/SPS frags & LTA). 400w ARC MH 20K & 65w 10K PC.

Quote Originally Posted by dodo99
    Another way to target feed it would be to put the clam in a small bowl of tank water, and add your cap full of DTs to the bowl. Once the water is pretty clear, feeding is done.
    Thanks for the tip. I have the clam situated on my rock work and it hasn't moved so far. Is MarineSnow ok for it ?
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that

Quote Originally Posted by clown_fish
    Thanks for the tip. I have the clam situated on my rock work and it hasn't moved so far. Is MarineSnow ok for it ?

That's what I used to use before DT's. I've read that Marine Snow isn't actually live like DTs is. That's why I switched. )

DoDo
    29gal mixed reef (softies, and a couple of LPS/SPS frags & LTA). 400w ARC MH 20K & 65w 10K PC.

clam feeding

You will do best with the dt's. YOu should stop though once it is over 3" as it will get evrything it needs fro your lights and whats present in your water already. Just the young ones need to supplement their feeding till their mantle grows somewhat.
    Jason

I feed phyto feast to the tank and the corals seem to LOVE IT