Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Line Wrasse

Question Six Line Wrasse

i was thinking about picking one up... any one keep them? i have an tuxedo urchin...just a little concerned.. i thought i read that they eat urchins.

6 line wrasses are reef safe i couldn't see one aking on an urchen
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

Banned
    I've heard both ends of the story. Sixlines can go after urchins but then again they can also go after flatworms. IME it's a hit or miss. Keep an eye on them and be ready to do some fishing if need be. Here's a link to PetEducation.com on sixline's.

For what it is worth, I've kept a sixline in a 55 gallon with a tuxedo urchin and had no problems. Sadley, I lost that fish in the summer blackout a few years ago. Great fish though, and I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

BTW Atlantic: How is Spezza doing? I seem to recall that he ended up with the Fog Devils.

I have kept a sixline with two tuxedo urchins for almost a year and have no problem whatsoever. The only thing is the fish is kind of aggressive and you should add it in last if you plan to keep it with few small/similar size fish. It fights with my tomato clown all the time.
    90G bb mixed reef set up in April 2005. I had 40g mixed reef for one year before that

i never knew they were be agressive? the ones i've alwayse seen are small thought
    Who says Dogs are the only creature that's happy to see you?

Pics --> http://aquariacanada.com/PhotoPost/s...r=1248&cat=500

I have had a six line for about 6 months now and I have a rock burrowing urchin, I have never had a problem. The six line is very docile and friendly, an excellent addition to the tank and it has eaten many small bristle worms.
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

I agree with clownfish, its good to add them last as they are VERY territorial with fish of similar size or smaller. Thinking of adding one myself...
    PLEASE SEND ALL ACROPORA FRAGS TO THE REEFSURFER

I'd also like to add one to my tank. Such a great looking fish.
    kate

Six Line

I have a Six Line that I keep with an urchin with no problem. I did recently try to add an orchid dottyback to my tank and it was picked apart in 3 hours by the Wrasse. That was aweful to watch. My yellow watchmen even took a good swipe at it. It went into a rock and I haven't seen it since.. That was about 2 weeks ago..

Very cool fish to watch, it sticks close to the rocks I find, but can be agressive.

Chad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast