Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody here use zeovit?

Hi guys just curious as to weather anyone in Canada uses zeovit and if so how available is the stuff and is it expensive? :geek:

I have only heard of people using it in the U.S on R.C and it usually turns into a flaming war.
    I personally will stick to the proven methods that most of us practice here.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Hey I am using Zeo, and am in Canada,lol

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar
    started zeovit as well. and i'm canadian eh!

powder18

I used kent & tropicmarine.:b2:

I use ultralith system which is similar to zeo, if you want more zoe info though they have there own forum.

But sorry Reefsalt you are wrong, the fact is that these types of systems such as zeo and others have been proven time and time again to work and to work very well. On RC you will find many threads may not be on zeo but on other systems that are similar. Also you will find that North America is behind in the times when it comes to what is happening on the other side of ocean concerning our hobby.

true, we are very behind the times for reef keeping.
    as for Zeo i find many people bail out and stop using as they dont see results in their tanks, they just dont give it enough time.
    this is why its not as popular. imo

And the cost, a little confusion on how to start and maintain is another reason I have heard and also there are so many products its also a little overwelming, but it is a very powerful system, but the method is still proven and it may not be zeo exactly but a lot of poeple are turning to a zeo type method as there are many proven benifits to the bacteria/ carbon source type system. All you have to do is search RC and I almost will bet within the first page or two you will find a thread relating to such a topic.

Senior Member upthecreekwithoutapaddle's Avatar
    fauna marin also. (see the homepage on Ottawa Inverts) the cost is no different then using calcium reactor IMO. your right lobsterboy--patience is what is needed to use a zeo type system.--long term investment.

ive personaly used the zeo system with great results,this was a 235g all sps system,we noticed right away there was zero reading of phosphates as we were running rowasphos on a constant basis,we started with the basic 4 package and only added the marine snow.the colours did punch out on the sps quite a bit more,when stabalized we were adding to the tank about 2 to 3 times a week which wasnt bad.with zeo prices being much lower than a year ago versus constantly using phosphate removers it does make sense from a monetary view.we have seen some spectacular tanks when we visited germany for interzoo last may as it seems the european market has alot of zeovit users,you can also check out www.zeovit.com (which advanced reef aquatics also sponsors)for some further reading.even if your not interested in zeovit there are some nice tanks to view on the site.i dont want it to seem as a shameless plug for zeo as there are other systems out there,i just havent used them so cant comment for or against them. Flavio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast