Significant Cycle?

Bonjourno,
    I am setting up a new nano tank and am going to use water from my 75 gallon during water changes. Now if most of the water is from my 75 gallon will there be a cycle? I understand that bacteria needs to establish but if rock/water are all established will the tank spike on anything?
    Thanks.

First welcome to AC. I am wondering the same thing, I just set up a QT using water from my main tank and using an old power filter with biowheel. I figure its good to go the way it is, pre-cycled. Does your nano have a bio wheel filter? I thought it does and that may be your only need for cycling. Good luck
    90g Display, 30gal sump w/ refugium, MAS CR418 calcium reactor w/ Mag5 and Blueline CO2, Vertex IN-180 protein skimmer w/ Mag5, Mag9.5 return, 150 Phosban Reactor w/ MJ 1200, 1 Ebo 200w heater, 90lbs. LR, 80lbs. Carib-Sea aragonite, Cooltouch MH lights -2 x 400watt (20K & 14K) PFO hoods & Coralife 65w PC in custom hood with fan, Coralife 3-3/4watt mini moonlights, 8 jet Closed Loop System w/Reef-flo Dart, Aqua-Safe RO/DI, JBJ Auto Top Off unit w/Mag 5 return, 12g Nano cube, 10g quarentine.

As long as the rock you're using is from the main tank and is not out of water for too long you probly won't have any die off hence no amonia hence no cycle. I'd say set it up and let it run for about 1 week and you should be fine.

I agree with StephG.
    If the rock/water for your nano is coming directly from your main display tank, then I wouldn't expect any cycle at all.
    Regards,
    Patrick.
    Ottawa (Orleans), Ontario
    Yahoo IM: pwallnfld

Thanks eh, I suspected as much just wanted to be sure.
    Thanks Again.

I'd seed the sandbed of the nano with some sand from your tank as well. All you need is about half a cup. Great to see another nano on board

The advice you have received above is on the mark. I would however suggest that you add your stock slowly to allow the sand bed to become fully mature. OR add a dose of "cycle" live bacteria at the same time as you add your first critters.
    Rob