Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deltec MCE600 skimmer for 90 gallon reef??

Hey guys,

Need some opinion here. First off, im getting the skimmer 1 year old for $350 canadian (he will include shipping). Now according to this link http://www.deltecaquariumsolutions.com/skimmers_2.php, it's good for up to 100 gallons heavily stocked.

I plan on having a moderately stocked sps tank. Now this skimmer can go in sump, or HOT. I plan on having a 30 gallon sump for my 90, so the skimmer will most like go in the sump or possibly hang over the sump.

Do you guys first off think it is worth 350?? Secondly, will it do a good enough job for sps in a tank this size??

Ive heard a lot of great things about how Deltec make some of the best skimmers, and this one seems reasonablly priced for somthing that supposed to be one of the best. It goes for around 400+ US.

Thanks.

ive owned a Deltec and will agree that they are by far one of the best skimmers on the market, most skimmers you cant go by suggested performance but with the deltec i would even say you could go with a bigger tank than they say max. I say go for it!!
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Quote Originally Posted by weeble
    ive owned a Deltec and will agree that they are by far one of the best skimmers on the market, most skimmers you cant go by suggested performance but with the deltec i would even say you could go with a bigger tank than they say max. I say go for it!!

You think that specific skimmer will do it though for my size tank??

Deltecs are good skimmers and so are H&S,Barr,MTC,EuroReef ect...it all depends what you stocking levels are and how much you want to spend.
    You can get a lower quality built skimmer for less and be very satisfied with the performance example ASM and EuroReef which you will get a good skimmer for a good price,Still ASM is no way close to the quality construction of a EuroReef but it is less.
    I prefer H&S the downfall to there product is that there is close to no customer support here in Canada .
    HTH

ReefSalt

Before you buy anything......Read and Research .

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Ecotech Radion Pro x 4 & Ecotech ReefLink
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    Reacteur Sulphur H&S Pour Nitrate
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Perfect0 45 cube sur le system central
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Another thing ive learnt. The ratings for that skimmer are in imperial or UK gallons, so really it's good for 120 US gallons heavily stocked or 180 Us gallons moderately stocked.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch28
    Another thing ive learnt. The ratings for that skimmer are in imperial or UK gallons, so really it's good for 120 US gallons heavily stocked or 180 Us gallons moderately stocked.
    I always take skimmer ratings with a grain of salt we all have different Reef keeping techniques some do weekly water changes some feed heavily so skimmer ratings are just a guide line.

I have a H&S A300-3 x 1260 rated for 1000 gls and I am using it on a 120gl with a total water volume of 250gl aprox, and I always have skimmate nice`n dark.
    Also at 350$ you can probably buy one new like a internal ASM G1 or Gx2,which if you ask a member here (Bvoss)it is quite the skimmer and would cost you the same as the used Deltec unit,Keep in mind that with Deltec you know that you are getting a skimmer with a good reputation.

Do you need to have a Hangon Skimmer?
    HTH

ReefSalt

Setup:
    265 gl SPS Reef. AquaScape Marco Rock 150lbs ( Upgrading to a 300gl Deep Dimension)
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

Guys i get what your saying, but what im trying to figure out is wheter or not this specific Deltec will do the job.

The guy seems like he will let me negotiate on the price. He also said he will deliver it personally.

ASM ive looked at, but with tax, dutties, etc im still looking at $400+.

Will the Deltec do the job is what im trying to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by mooch28
    Guys i get what your saying, but what im trying to figure out is wheter or not this specific Deltec will do the job.

The guy seems like he will let me negotiate on the price. He also said he will deliver it personally.

ASM ive looked at, but with tax, dutties, etc im still looking at $400+.

Will the Deltec do the job is what im trying to figure out.
    With the MCE600 your going to get a good skimmer no doubt about it.I have no experience with it, but looking at its overall size and construction I would never class it at 120gl heavy stocking but If your using it on a 90 go for it.

ASM sells for 339$cdn at worldfish or maybe Ivan can get it for you.
    HTH

ReefSalt

Setup:
    Decante 75g
    Pompe de Remonte PCX55
    Reef Octopus SRO-5000SSS
    2x Phosban 550

Frag Tank:
    Totoka LR 50lb
    Radion Gen2
    Vortech MP10W

i guarantee it will work wonders.....if your not sure i beleive sohal tang on aquariumpros has a few msg him about it he'll give you first hand knowledge
    Craig

Tank: 77gal reef, deltec AP600 skimmer, 440W VHO lighting.
    Livestock:Coral beauty, Tomato Clown, Yellow Tang, magenta dottyback, 3 stripe damsel, yellow tail damsel, coral banded shrimp

Quote Originally Posted by ReefSalt
    With the MCE600 your going to get a good skimmer no doubt about it.I have no experience with it, but looking at its overall size and construction I would never class it at 120gl heavy stocking but If your using it on a 90 go for it.

ASM sells for 339$cdn at worldfish or maybe Ivan can get it for you.

worldfish??

Have a link?? Is it a Canadian retailer??

Whos Ivan??

Im very new to this board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast