Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad experience With Inter-american

Mind giving us a summary? You need to have an account over there to read the thread. Thanks.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

Interamerican

yeh there has been a lot of threads like that on RC for quite some time now. It is a hit and miss it seems with Mitch on his tank arrival times and business savy. He has managed to piss off a ton of people but does build some great tanks for the best price I've seen anywere. Just getting a timely delivery or honest answer seems impossible. I've gotten 3 different quotes on the same tank at different times.[its a long story]
    If your looking for large custom tanks you will find only a hand full of builders and finding one who really knows what he is talking about is a task. There is a new guy out of TO who also builds with Starphire glass. I do not think he's been at it for long but the guy was very pleasant and e-mailed me each and every time I had a question. I'll post the add, tomorrow.

Shop AquariumPros.ca

.::AquariumPros.ca Forums::. > Buy / Sell / Trade Forums > For Sale/Wanted > 187 Gallon INTE-RAMERICAN Brand NEW!!!

[]
    187 Gallon INTER-AMERICAN Brand NEW!!! quote:

After months of waiting for my new tank to arrive it will be here next week. I am so angry with the POOR customer service and constant lies I want nothing to do with this tank or this company...so i'm selling it!!!

Brand new!!!
    187 gallon - 60x30x27
    Inter American
    3 sides Starphire Glass
    2 custom overflows-2- 2" drains
    4 -1" returns
    euro bracing all aound top
    black indicoat mirror option
    overflows tinted

Paid over $1600.00 shipped.

Make an offer!!!

[]
    quote:

FishCrazy,

Sorry to hear about your troubles and hope you reconcider keeping the tank

Mike

[]
    quote:

Damn,
    I think ff22 just ordered pretty much the same tank from Mitch.
    Hope he has better luck than you did.

[]
    quote:

No I have not!! 2 weeks late...not so much as an email or phone call from them...Never dealing there again

Wil

you got your tank right? was it 2 weeks late?? or are you still waiting on it?

[]
    quote:

No I'm STILL waiting...i've been told it shipped on 5 seperate occasions

[]
    quote:

Wil,
    I tell him to forget it if you can and grab the one here.

[]
    quote:

I agree!

They breached there contracts.. By being Late! .. cancel the order!... and make the offer!

[]
    quote:

Ya...I just dont think he'll give my money back for months!

[]
    quote:

How did you pay?

[]
    quote:

half cheque half credit card

[]
    quote:

Well you can put a cancel on the check if htey have not cash it.. and the Credit card call your company and tell them that you have not recived your product... and to reverse the charges.. they can do that..

[]
    quote:

Wow, your stories ring a loud bell. I went through the same b.s. I can't complain too much though because I ended up with free shipping. We did have a few shouting matches over the phone though. I confronted him point blank on the lies. He gave me tracking numbers and everything. I called the shipping company and they said there was no such number in their records. I must say that I am very happy with the tank I ended up with. Everything was built as per instructions. Best of luck on your orders.

Andy

[]
    quote:

There are currently many such experiences going around on RC right now. It sounds like this is a company to stay away from!!

[]
    quote:

Mitch (owner of IA) isn't much of a People-Person - but his tanks are the best-of-the-best.

It's a toss-up = either deal with Mitch @ IA, and wait a little longer - or buy from the 'nice-guy' - but get an inferior tank.?!?!

Unless you go to the Southern States (ie. Florida) - there are no other companies that know how to work with StarPhire glass the way Mitch does.

IA has the market period - and I guess that he kinda knows it.

It's unfortunate - but anyone who has one of his tanks can attest to the amazing fit-and-finish.

That is just a small chunck of the replies to this posting

That's pretty much par for the course with Mitch at IA, though. People should know by now and just "expect" that sort of thing. As was mentioned, there are hundreds of threads on RC about people waiting for eons with Mitch, false shipping information, all sorts of good stuff.

There is a third alternative to the last post mentioned, though. If you want a custom tank, and don't want to deal with IA, but still want quality, you can always talk to Oceanic. Their waiting lists are huge, and the prices for custom stuff are insane, but you'll get a great tank in the end.
    Jason Nugent
    http://malhavoc.homeunix.com/
    ReefCentral Admin

180 gallon Oceanic with Lifereef Sump, 33 gallon with VHO, 20 gallon frag tank with MH

AQUARIUMOBSESSED@YAHOO.COM

this is the new kid on the block here in Ontario who is presently working with STARPHIRE glass.seems like a very nice fellow and he has returned all e-mails. His name is WILL.

Only problem with aqurium obsessed is he was spamming people pm at aquariumpros. I had a talk with him and he seems nice enough, very apologetic, maybe just not familiar with net ettiquette. It would be nice to have some competition though

Dick

Yeh he seems nice enough. Not to sure about his experience in tank building though. I guess ya have to start somewere eh.
    I might be using him to build my tank but I'm not sure how I'm going about this yet. I'll finally be able to put that skimmer to work that I bought off of ya.[lifereef]

His tanks are nice but you wouldn't catch me dealing with him. I'd pay a little more for better service. He's a liar and a cheat from what I've read.

The only thing two reef keepers will agree on, is what the third reef keeper is doing wrong!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast